• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Wolverine Doesn't Smoke Anymore...

105 posts in this topic

What a pompous .

Yayyy...,JQ for moral dictator. I want him deciding what the children of America should and shouldn't see......

@$$hat !!

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif nothing like some good measures of an extremist and shallow minded/moralistic speech to show how the "true house" of nowadays is thumbsup2.gif

now seriouslly, this just get's worst and worst month to month...so sad to see such a great publisher sinking so low... 893censored-thumb.giffrown.gif

even not buying comics nowadays this still is revolting, contraditory and sad to witness...specially on an artistic field where people could have a more open minded behaviour...

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

regards

Sorry, Kids don't buy comics anymore...with Computers,PS2,PSP,GameBoy,Xbox,online gameplay,Movies,High Def TVs,Sports, making friends and trying to get laid,Last thing on a teenager's mind is what wolverine is doing.

This is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Basically, stating "oh, I lost love ones to cancer so I'm making it my crusade to stop smoking everywhere." I doubt any kid before or now ever looked at Wolverine and decided to pick up a stoogie. Sorry, just don't see it happening. Look, I've had family members die from cancer as well. Heck, my grandmother died from cancer and never smoked a day in her life! That didn't make me all weepy when Wolvie lit one up. They even had an issue where someone asked Wolvie why he smoked. He basically stated, "Because I can." Nuffsaid. JQ just trying to justify his own personal BS. "Not in my comics". They aren't "His" comics. He's the Editor-in-chief not a dictator (though obviously he wants to be). Personally, I don't care if Wolvie or smokes or doesn't, but what he is doing is just plain wrong.

Oh yeah, and that’s when the nicotine gets you and you can’t quit even if you want to. So, what does that say about Wolvie? At one point he must have seen someone smoking a cigar and thought to himself, that’s cool, I want to look cool. He wanted to be cool like everyone else.

two things; i quit smoking over a year ago. wasn't tough. just don't hang around people who smoke and stop buying the stupid things.

second, any kid who does something because a frigging comic book character does it is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. i say let these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons smoke up all they want, so we can get their genes out of the pool.

seriously, anyone here ever done something because a superhero did it? this is what influences people, drawings in a magazine?

foreheadslap.gif

seriously, anyone here ever done something because a superhero did it? this is what influences people, drawings in a magazine?

foreheadslap.gif

On the lighter side.......Yes the very young can do stupid things.

I had a nephew who as a 3 or 4 year old jumped out of a two story window. He was wearing his Superman Underoos and thought they would make him fly. He was okay...landed on his head, which was the hardest thing about him. screwy.gif

Sorry, Kids don't buy comics anymore...with Computers,PS2,PSP,GameBoy,Xbox,online gameplay,Movies,High Def TVs,Sports, making friends and trying to get laid,Last thing on a teenager's mind is what wolverine is doing.

Not always. When I was 13 and reading comics ppl acted like it was childish until I showed them some of what i was reading. Then they would be like, wow I didn't know comics could look like that. As far as other media gos, look at X-Men Legends, Bloodrayne, Advent Rising, Castlevania, Halo, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, V for Vendetta, Electra, Constontine, Daredevil, Spiderman, Superman, Hulk, Punisher ...and plenty more on the way. All of these movies and games have a comic book relationship. Halo, dosen't yet, but Bungie has anounced a hardcover graphic novel will be released later this year. Kids don't have as much interest in comics as they used too but with so many great games movies and the graphic nolvel market at an all time high, I believe you will start seeing more kids reading about there favorate characters.

All it takes to make something cool again is show how it can be cool. That is exactly what's happening right now. I keep reading about game studios, and film companies wanting to make a comic or graphic novel to partner with their game or movie to brouden the story. Combine that thinking with a realy big title and you istantly have new readers. I think the Halo graphic novel will bring in ALLOT of new readers. wink.gif

All it takes to make something cool again is show how it can be cool.

Exactly, but until aging fanboys STOP reading comics, they will never be cool to the younger generation. Adults make up the vast majority of readers, and until that demographic changes, there is no way kids become involved again in any great numbers.

Nothing deflates *cool* faster than a pack of old fogeys. headbang.gif

All it takes to make something cool again is show how it can be cool.

Exactly, but until aging fanboys STOP reading comics, they will never be cool to the younger generation. Adults make up the vast majority of readers, and until that demographic changes, there is no way kids become involved again in any great numbers.

Nothing deflates *cool* faster than a pack of old fogeys. headbang.gif

Well then, if that's the case, then Wolvie smoking a cigar shouldn't be a problem since all the old fogies are of age, 27_laughing.gif.

They aren't "His" comics. He's the Editor-in-chief not a dictator (though obviously he wants to be). Personally, I don't care if Wolvie or smokes or doesn't, but what he is doing is just plain wrong.

I completly disagree with you...as long as fans keep on buying comics that they don't like/apreciatte and don't express their opinions towards all "this BS" (this and many others), it'll always be "His comics"...!!! frown.gif

regards

Well then, if that's the case, then Wolvie smoking a cigar shouldn't be a problem since all the old fogies are of age, 27_laughing.gif.

I don't think this was ever an issue with Joe Q, as he'd never had any problem with sex, drugs, violence, or alcohol consumption.

Outside influences are talking in his big fat ears.

I don't think this was ever an issue with Joe Q, as he'd never had any problem with sex, drugs, violence, or alcohol consumption.

Outside influences are talking in his big fat ears.

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif nicely said thumbsup2.gif

regards

Advisertisers allways rule.

If they say if wolvie smokes we wont advertise what do people expect quesada to do. Tell the advertisers up yours?

If advertisers say no smoking then wolvie dont smoke!

If advertisers say no smoking then wolvie dont smoke!

I totally agree, but at least be a man and admit it.

There are no political reasons, there are no behind the scenes reasons for the no smoking policy, it has nothing to do with advertisers

any kid who does something because a frigging comic book character does it is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. i say let these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons smoke up all they want, so we can get their genes out of the pool.

Natural Selection headbang.gif

This is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Basically, stating "oh, I lost love ones to cancer so I'm making it my crusade to stop smoking everywhere." I doubt any kid before or now ever looked at Wolverine and decided to pick up a stoogie. Sorry, just don't see it happening. Look, I've had family members die from cancer as well. Heck, my grandmother died from cancer and never smoked a day in her life! That didn't make me all weepy when Wolvie lit one up. They even had an issue where someone asked Wolvie why he smoked. He basically stated, "Because I can." Nuffsaid. JQ just trying to justify his own personal BS. "Not in my comics". They aren't "His" comics. He's the Editor-in-chief not a dictator (though obviously he wants to be). Personally, I don't care if Wolvie or smokes or doesn't, but what he is doing is just plain wrong.

When I was a kid my favorite character was Ben Grimm (The Thing) and he was often chomping on a stogie. I never did lite one up because of that so what's the beef?

confused-smiley-013.gif

any kid who does something because a frigging comic book character does it is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. i say let these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons smoke up all they want, so we can get their genes out of the pool.

Natural Selection headbang.gif

Intelligent decision making by Design. headbang.gif

And the Incredible Hulk used to rip off his shirt and go crashing through walls. I never ONCE tried to bash into a wall...........sober.

Bud...light...BAD!