• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The worst buying comics experiences...

104 posts in this topic

True Story:

I was in a store in a fly spec of a town on the east coast in NC where I was looking for some Spidey books...

I had my at the time girlfriend with me...

I asked the store owner if whether or not he ever had an AF-15...

Believe it or not this guy straight up said "he would trade a AF 15 for the hot date I was with"...

I slapped the guy, grabbed him by the shirt and demanded he appologize to her.

He emidiately did and that saved him from a much worse turn of events that would've happened if

he didn't.

As I left, I told the girl she was worth at least a hundred AF15's; the nerve of that jerk...

needless to say - I got lucky that night and that helped me over my fury...

All that I could say is that if this had happened to me I'd be showing off my new AF#15 in the "What's new in your collection thread". 27_laughing.gif

Two words:

Greg White. mad.gif

Please post the story. He is setting up at the Boston show April 23 and I do not like surprises.

He is an unpleasant person. I have a long story about him and my dealings with him in his shop in Florida that is best told over alcohol. The boiled down version is that he essentially refused to sell me books because he didn't want them to be sold outside of Florida.

He's extraordinarily old school, both in grading and pricing, and is virulently anti-CGC, which, while not necessarily a bad thing, clouds all of his doings with the hobby. He rips without hesitation anyone who is pro-CGC in anyway.

Much like Don Rosa did, now that I think about it. poke2.gif