• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love and Rockets #1 PROTOTYPE......

38 posts in this topic

The stock of mine kind of feels like construction paper we used as kids. Cheap, thats for sure. As for counterfeit, I doubt it, as all of the copies I have seen have looked and felt the exact same. No worries, I believe they are real. As for where mine came from, I'll have to search my files for that one. I'll get back to ya thumbsup2.gif

'

I have seen your file room....don't hold your breath Bill. 27_laughing.gif

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh frustrated.gif......dik. grin.gif

Well, Chuck is damn proud of his copy.

LMAO

Yeah. He has had it up for sale on and off for quite a while now. I'm happy to say my copy is probably a hell of a lot nicer than his though cool.gif.

LMAO

Yeah. He has had it up for sale on and off for quite a while now. I'm happy to say my copy is probably a hell of a lot nicer than his though cool.gif.

You should be able to get at least $3,000 for it then. wink.gif

LMAO

YEEEAAAHHHUHH headbang.gif. By the by, after MINUTES of digging, I did manage to find out where my copy came from, Pennsylvania biyatch thumbsup2.gif

LMAO

YEEEAAAHHHUHH headbang.gif. By the by, after MINUTES of digging, I did manage to find out where my copy came from, Pennsylvania biyatch thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif Was it next to the garbage bag full of paper shreddings or under the old pizza box?

LMAO

893whatthe.gif Was it next to the garbage bag full of paper shreddings or under the old pizza box?

VERY CLOSE. thumbsup2.gif It was NEXT to the desk, BEHIND the garbage can, UNDERNEATH the empty 2ltr bottle of PEPSI 27_laughing.gif

I think the Bros did their own little xerox self-published comic first, which got them the attention of Gary Groth & Fantagraphics. If that's true, then that's probably what this is.

If anybody out there hasn't been introduced to L&R, I highly, highly recommend it. It's Alan Moore-level genius.

I think the Bros did their own little xerox self-published comic first, which got them the attention of Gary Groth & Fantagraphics. If that's true, then that's probably what this is.

If anybody out there hasn't been introduced to L&R, I highly, highly recommend it. It's Alan Moore-level genius.

Well, going back to the original question regarding whether or not it can be encapsulated....IF the book is a xerox print job then CGC will not encapsulate it. Eerie #1 has the same problem. Basically it becomes virtually impossible to authenticate a xeroxed comic.

Is this a xerox book?? (meaning the prinitng process entailed xeroxing the pages).
It looks like a cheap printed book, not a xerox or anything. It is not on copy paper or anything like that. As stated earlier the paper is more construction paper-like. Very rigid and grainy.

Well, going back to the original question regarding whether or not it can be encapsulated....IF the book is a xerox print job then CGC will not encapsulate it. Eerie #1 has the same problem. Basically it becomes virtually impossible to authenticate a xeroxed comic.

Why not PGX then... devil.gif

I'd be careful paying a lot of money for this. I KNOW it has been counterfeited as I once knew a guy who did just that. This was in the mid-1980s. It is a pretty easy book to reprint. I was just a teenager and I was visiting a comic collector I had met through small press publishing in the Twin Cities and he showed me a pile of them and even stopped at the printing shop that was doing the work for him while I was there.

I'd be careful paying a lot of money for this. I KNOW it has been counterfeited as I once knew a guy who did just that. This was in the mid-1980s. It is a pretty easy book to reprint. I was just a teenager and I was visiting a comic collector I had met through small press publishing in the Twin Cities and he showed me a pile of them and even stopped at the printing shop that was doing the work for him while I was there.

Care to name some names?