• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc 9.6 bronze age..........

24 posts in this topic

....is it just me or are people out there just bidding up bronze age books just because they are 9.6 and above??

.....check out these two auctions...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=720621047&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=718939152&rd=1

.........i was personally interested in these books as a MOKF fan, but the prices are just crazy, especially the what if #16 (guides for like 6 bucks???)................

........and check out the red ink splodge on the top edge of the MOKF #17........is that really even a 9.6.......??

...............what is going on...........i thought this craziness was subsiding........ crazy.gifconfused.gif

Well, I think some books are very rare in higher conditions(9.6 +) and prices for these books go for very unpredictable amounts, but nearly always for multiples of guide, with the multiple depending on percieved rarity and popularity of the title. There are probaly speculators buying up MOKF issues since it has a new book on the shelves. Also - MOKF books are not too widely slabbed, so to find one in 9.6 is very rare(admittedly, that is a bit of an irrational assumption, as there are undoubtably plenty of high grade issues out there unslabbed, but to specualtors who might not know that much about the stuff, it appears very rare)

But as for the MOKF 17 you linked to - no one is bidding it up, as it hasn't even made reserve yet.

They buyer on that What If? 'masterjetlee' (yeah, right wink.gif ) is trying to corner the What If? 9.8 market. He's bid every What If 9.8 that's come up on eBay to well over 100.00 easy...I'll take my chances elsewhere. That is just crazy as you said.

They just finished season 5. However, season 4 was kinda in 2 parts with a much more higher number of episodes that normal. There will be a season 6. Don't know when it will start! frown.gif

Occasionally, they will replay all the episodes from season 1. HBO has not put any of the episodes on tape or DVD as of yet! frown.gif Mmmm, I wonder if prison life is really like OZ? shocked.gif

Watch the first 3 Sopranos seasons in the meantime, Bonds. Great stuff.

I'm also working my way through Season 1 of '24'. It's pretty good as well.