• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Batman 500 in 9.8 without the tear

24 posts in this topic

I will look at mine when I get home this afternoon Ron.

What's the difference between the regular and the deluxe?

I have a case of unread Batman #500s.

I will look at mine when I get home this afternoon Ron.

What's the difference between the regular and the deluxe?

I have a case of unread Batman #500s.

Newsstand

1.jpg

Deluxe

Batman500b.gif

Hope the images work.

I'm at home now with my #500 and I see just what you're talking about, Ron...it's a 9.6/9.8 copy, but there's a tiny bindery tear (about 1/16") at the bottom of the spine. Seeing the book jogs my memory, and I can vaguely remember buying it at an LCS and bypassing lots of other copies with much worse tears. I'll be curious if you can find one without it!

Mine has it as well...

I think they all do

Sorry man... I just looked at over a hundred Batman #500's and they ALL have it to some degree. I must have gotten a bad batch.. or that die cut foldout was just too thick for the presses.

All the bottom corners have a tuft or a small split. Some tops have it too. Some are pretty small but still there.

Can you send me the pic of the one that has the smallest?

I have over 300 copies of the 500 and everyone has it.

Sorry.. this one looked decent from the front (you can barely see it), but then turn it around and there's a color breaking crease and the bindery tear, etc. I don't know how that crease got there either.

I don't think I have any really nice ones. I also think I need to clean my scanner glass too... sheesh.

Batman-500-FC.jpg

Batman-500-BC.jpg