• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the "Superman's babysitter story" and where can I find it?

19 posts in this topic

Is this the story where Superman gets spanked and drinks straight from the cow or some such? Didn't he put something in a microwave? Just throwing this out there I can't remember what made this issue get shredded. Someone more in the know give me a clue here.

Wow, actually the first microwave hit the shelves in 1947. That surprises me. Of course no one could really afford them until the 60's or 70's anyway...

For one thing... it's a joke. Nitpicking the technologies present in a humorous story is going overboard.

For another... generally both Marvel and DC operate on the idea of a sliding timescale. Because of that, Superman, in the regular coninutity, WASN'T a child in the 30s. He was a child 30 years ago.

Wow, actually the first microwave hit the shelves in 1947. That surprises me. Of course no one could really afford them until the 60's or 70's anyway...

For one thing... it's a joke. Nitpicking the technologies present in a humorous story is going overboard.

For another... generally both Marvel and DC operate on the idea of a sliding timescale. Because of that, Superman, in the regular coninutity, WASN'T a child in the 30s. He was a child 30 years ago.

Dude .....

Dude .....

You know I can't help but expand folk's knowledge when presented with misconceptions 893applaud-thumb.gif

anachronisms rock! headbang.gif

Dude .....

You know I can't help but expand folk's knowledge when presented with misconceptions 893applaud-thumb.gif

cloud9.gif

The story was reprinted in the Bizarro Comics (available in hardback and trade paperback) -well worth picking up for just about everything in it - especially Tony Millionaire's version of Batman!