• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling on the boards or outside?!

26 posts in this topic

Yep...I don't play the "give me an offer" game either. Nothing makes me click the next sell thread quicker...

Jim

Same here. This strategy either makes you feel like a cheapskate for a lowball offer or you're being gamed into making an offer that may be more than necessary. If a seller wants to do this, just go to ebay.

I really like the Forum BINS. It's a true win-win. Kudos to Foolkiller for some great material at collector-friendly prices. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I've been archiving all the "low-ball offers" I've received. Just waiting for my next meltdown to post them. devil.gif

I think this is a good place to sell high (9.0 to 9.4) grade BA books for fair prices (within yelling distance of OPG, let's say). The problem with ebay is that everyone assumes you've overgraded. At least here, with regulars, there's an implicit understanding about returns, etc. and some more trust in grading.

Ebay is probably better for non-high grade items, at least in terms of $ obtained, though it is more hassle.

to everyone

thanks for your comments.

indeed the overral more friendly/familiar community is a + for the seller and things should be smoothly in general, but on the other hand i think on ebay, with all the extra work/(possible)hassle with one or another buyer, there seems to have a more return of $$$.

i think this place is great for buyers and sellers who prefer to privilege the contacts/friends during the deals.

i've presented this topic because i'm seriouslly thinking on selling my batman collection run (250-500 and a few below 250) and still haven't made up my mind... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif

regards

Thanks for the big ups Steve...

and I think we all ought to give credit to Nikos for the Forum BIN idea in the first place... it's absolutely the case, let's pass on our good deals to the collectors...

totally agree on that point...the BINs forum are very nice indeed, they work pretty well!!!

regards