• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite crisis RRP Triple signed Signature series 9.6 and 9.8 for sale

36 posts in this topic

These two just came back From CGC this week.

They are both signed by phil jimenez, andy lanning and jim lee.

The 9.6 is 800

the 9.8 is 1900

If they do not sell by sunday they will be listed on ebay.

I will PM pictures to interested parties.

You could have waited until my 9.4 was sold. poke2.gif

I hate to say this but is seems like nobody here ever wants to buy comics. I have list raw books and graded books several times nobody ever wants to buy books.

Oh not true, I have closed deals with many of these guys in the last week. thumbsup2.gif

thecollector:

i don't know -- I've sold a bunch of slabs over time, and about 25 raw books in three days.

It depends on what you are selling -- there's not a big foundation market here for RRPs... that's more of a hot book market, and the collectors here are mostly silver/gold/bronze.

Plus, it's hard to get someone to plunk down $400-$600 for any book, let alone a modern. Things that sell in this forum tend to be good deals on nice looking books... just because yours didn't sell is not indicative of the forum as a whole.

I hate to say this but is seems like nobody here ever wants to buy comics. I have list raw books and graded books several times nobody ever wants to buy books.

Let me guess, you list them all with "make me an offer" nonsense, right? juggle.gif

The ONLY way to sell comics through the forum is the popular BIN method, where you post books all with "Buy it Now" prices. That way, people can just *shop*, rather than wasting time.

I have never bought even a single "make me an offer" book, but I've purchased tons of BIN forum sales.

Actually, I have done the make an offer gig. Most of the time, the offer is not accepted but sometimes it is.

Sure, some people might, but BIN is where the action is, so don't complain if your "make me an offer" books does not sell - usually they don't. confused-smiley-013.gif

Agree with you,

Collectors here are just that, collectors, not speculators going after the next maybe hot thing.

Moderns are cool, but the majority are as Foolkiller said it SA/BA fans. People will pay realistic fair prices, and heck if its something I want I dont have an issue plunking down $400-$600.

So dont be discouraged

Actually I always post prices. It seems like my items are for a niche market. I listed some Dell's and a few silver age Dc's they were mid grade but all cheap not a single response. Then I listed a Miracle Man 17 Signature series signed by neil gaiman no body wanted it. Now these.

The other thing I'll note is that making comments, while not ill intentioned, makes you sound like sour grapes over your book not moving right away.

When you mention the others, well, some books move and others don't. Sometimes there's people looking for those silver DCs, other times they're not. I don't recall your BINs, but sometimes not everything sells that you think will. To me, it may just require listing it at a different time or lowering the price.

Certainly, those RRPs will move very nicely on ebay. I'm betting a SS Miracleman 17 will sell as well. I might be happy those books didn't sell... they should move for more on ebay.

Basically, people want either high grade or keys, both of which have to be reasonable in comparison to market or either dealers in order to get them to move.

Well, got to be honest. I don't care how rare an RRP is it doesn't merit a HUGE premium. To me an RRP 9.6 is a $300-$600 dollar book. A 9.8 is at tops $900. It's mainly because it is a modern. If this were a GA/SA, the command price would seem reasonable.

The signature just isn't that much of a draw to its collectibility.

I agree with Tim's above post. Very true. I'm not apt to criticize someone else's pricing decisions -- they're your books, price how you see fit. But -- it takes time to move books like these, and you are asking for an aggressive price. If somebody wants to take them at those prices, then I would expect that it would take a bit of time to unearth a buyer.

Actually I always post prices

Sure, but it's more than that. It's a pleasing design, full-sized scans of both the comic and the label, BOLD prices (with $$ dollar signs $$), etc.

And I'm more referring to your previous auctions, as no one on here would be looking for a full-priced RRP edition.

I am sorry I sounded like sour grapes. and tim I am sorry you don't think RRP's are worth that much.

No need to be sour. Its just I remember the comic exodus of the 90's. Variants, to me were a major factor. So, in the case of moderns, if you can't pick up a variant relatively cheap, don't pick it up at all. I mean, does it really enhance your collection? If you think so, then buy it. I don't. So, I don't buy.

On a more business like note, gauging your market be it here, ebay, online, your store etc is crucial to being able to move a book. Here, the market is relatively easy to gauge. Moderns don't command high prices unless there is a specific request put out for one. Marvel Zombies would be an example.