• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine #145 Bone Claws Cover

39 posts in this topic

Since the Venom 1 and Amazing Spider-Man 375 were two of four books with the same type of "web-foil" cover that Marvel released at that time, I have often wondered whether there were similar erros for Spectacualr Spider-Man 200 and Web of Spider-Man 100. Have any of you ever heard of such books? I understand that there were some counterfeit Red Spectacular 200s back in the day, one was even on eBay a couple years ago, but I have never seen an original or know for certain that they exist.

I have found one other interesting error that you can keep an eye out for. Silver Surfer 50 has some issues where the foil did not stick - similar to the Bone Claws 145 - and so the embossed Surfer on the cover is solid white. The Ghost Surfer variant smile.gif

I have found one other interesting error that you can keep an eye out for. Silver Surfer 50 has some issues where the foil did not stick - similar to the Bone Claws 145 - and so the embossed Surfer on the cover is solid white. The Ghost Surfer variant smile.gif

GOT IT! thumbsup2.gif!!!! Thank you and gooooodnight! acclaim.gif

That's cool. Congratulations thumbsup2.gif

Can you post it?

Can you post it?

As soon as I can dig it out of my "bunker" frustrated.gif, I'll be more than happy to thumbsup2.gif

I just posted my copy on eBay last night to get some money up for the convention season.

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638320728&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

That thing seriously going to sell for a grand? 893whatthe.gif

The last issue that popped up on eBay (a CGC 9.6) had a BIN of $2500. I thought I'd put it at $1K, but have the best offer option too.

How's Auburn Hobgoblin? Are you going to Heroes Con?

I just posted my copy on eBay last night to get some money up for the convention season.

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638320728&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

The last issue that popped up on eBay (a CGC 9.6) had a BIN of $2500. I thought I'd put it at $1K, but have the best offer option too.

I haven't really planned on any cons lately. I guess there is another Atlanta ComicCon coming up; but I've heard they aren't that good.

It is in July and I will be there along with Finecomics (Jeff). They are decent with a wide variety of comics.

I know Jeff! He's got some great stuff. I'll stop by and say hi.

Here's a link:

I haven't really planned on any cons lately. I guess there is another Atlanta ComicCon coming up; but I've heard they aren't that good.

The Atlanta one-day shows aren't too horrible. The last one was pretty decent (it seemed to have a good mixture of new dealers). Its probably worth the drive from the Plains on a slow weekend.

Since the Venom 1 and Amazing Spider-Man 375 were two of four books with the same type of "web-foil" cover that Marvel released at that time, I have often wondered whether there were similar erros for Spectacualr Spider-Man 200 and Web of Spider-Man 100. Have any of you ever heard of such books? I understand that there were some counterfeit Red Spectacular 200s back in the day, one was even on eBay a couple years ago, but I have never seen an original or know for certain that they exist.

I saw on Ebay once a GCG graded X-Factor 100 defect copy where the red foil was missing.

Can you post it?

Ask and ye shall receive acclaim.gif

SS50ERROR.jpg

And I totally forgot, it's signed grin.gif

Can you post it?

Ask and ye shall receive acclaim.gif

SS50ERROR.jpg

And I totally forgot, it's signed grin.gif

893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif