• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL*STAR SUPERMAN # 3

45 posts in this topic

It was a great read. I am loving this series.

Yeah, if only we could see an issue every month. Rather than every 2 or 3. I can't wait til I get my copy, though! 893applaud-thumb.gif

If it stays this good I can wait. This is one of the best comics on the market today, and I see it getting better with

each issue. Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely, Jamie Grant, and Phil Balsman.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! cloud9.gif...... 893applaud-thumb.gif....... angel.gif....... takeit.gif

I have to admit that in the first issue, I didn't like Quitely. I have grown to like his style though.

I have liked everything that he has ever done. He has a different stlye than most, detailed but not overly so,

dream-like, but playfull. It grows on you, try this go back and re-read this run looking only at what is drawn, look

for the small stuff just as much as the whole panel. He will add suff that at first just blends in, but looking again

you see that it IS supossed to be there. Look at the way people's faces change with their moods, their eyes,

body postoure. I hope that this will carry him to a long career in comics.

Gave it a look, and almost bought it.

However, I will try and wait for a collected edition... tho' I'm not sure I'll be able to hold out.

Morrison really gets Superman, and Quitely does, too. I really didn't like his art until I finished JLA: Earth 2.

Quitely is one of those artists that will catch you off-guard. He uses very clean line work and know how to convey emotion through his drawing. One of my favorite stories is The Kingdom: Offspring. I really get the sense, that in whatever he draws, Quitely connects with his work.

Now, Morrison.....He is one of the few writers that writes a story for the character and not the character for the story. He has looked at the full continuity of Big Blue and brought something back to the character that has been missing for years. The Kryptonian side of Superman. I mean, how strange would it be for someone who is alien to be on earth? What kind of personality would they be like? Not Clark from the Smallville TV show but more like that weird guy sitting in the corner of the cafeteria in highschool.

I wish Morrison would write for DC's Captain Marvel and revamp him. I suspect, though, Morrison would not like him enough to do that.

I wish Morrison would write for DC's Captain Marvel and revamp him. I suspect, though, Morrison would not like him enough to do that.

Not to mention the fact that you're the only person in the entire world that would buy it. confused-smiley-013.gif

What really needs to happen is someone needs to bring back Fast Willie Jackson! yay.gif

Not to mention the fact that you're the only person in the entire world that would buy it. confused-smiley-013.gif

What really needs to happen is someone needs to bring back Fast Willie Jackson! yay.gif

how many more of those do you need at this point? just curious

I have them all, I'm just looking to upgrade to better condition copies at this point. You can see scans of all of them on my Ebay "about me" page.

I have them all, I'm just looking to upgrade to better condition copies at this point. You can see scans of all of them on my Ebay "about me" page.

#3 is my favourite... cloud9.gif

(On my way to 8,000 posts, I'm popping around and saying nice things about things I like. I'm like the king of happy right now or something. smile.gif )

Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely are my favorite team in American comics.

These be groovy, aaarrghh!