• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SILVER AGE COVER WINNERS #29-24

32 posts in this topic

Just an awesome cover by Jack - love the screaming throngs! sumo.gif Very scary! grin.gif

# 24 - TALES TO ASTONISH 29 - received 36 votes.

Jack Kirby could flat out draw some great aliens. 893applaud-thumb.gif

This Cover shows a deadly invasion and the sheer overwhelming number of invaders is uncanny. 893whatthe.gif

One of the favorites of the pre-hero Marvels, this cover was on the newstands at the same time as FF 3.

This is one of my favorite Kirby covers. thumbsup2.gif

1172525-tta29.jpg

Just an awesome cover by Jack - love the screaming throngs! sumo.gif Very scary! grin.gif

Jack Kirby could flat out draw some great aliens. 893applaud-thumb.gif

This Cover shows a deadly invasion and the sheer overwhelming number of invaders is uncanny. 893whatthe.gif

One of the favorites of the pre-hero Marvels, this cover was on the newstands at the same time as FF 3.

This is one of my favorite Kirby covers. thumbsup2.gif

1172525-tta29.jpg

definitely the coolest cover i had never seen before this contest! Doesn't surprise me one bit though as so many of Kirby's early antman TTA covers are masterpeices! thumbsup2.gif

You know I came to the SA forum today to vote on the SA covers.

I thought we had until the 31st, the end of the month. 893censored-thumb.gifsorry.gif

# 26 JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 112 - which also received 34 votes but had a first place vote which lifts it past showcase 34.

Drawn by Jack Kirby and Chic Stone this cover shows pure strength and power.

The Hulk may have had a rocky start in his own magazine but he is idealy suited to being a huge guest star.

1172450-jim112.jpg

You can almost feel the tension being applied to Thor's hammer. Although that tension is contained in a small area of the cover it seems to be more than enough to hook your interest.

This book is a must have. Giving us a behind the scenes second look at an earlier matchup of Avengers # 3.

Fantastic cover ! This was number 4 on my list. Marvel's two most powerful heavyweights going toe to toe for the first time. How could anyone have seen this issue on the newstand and passed ? confused-smiley-013.gif

# 25 - MYSTERY IN SPACE 90 - received 34 points in the three way tie, but it had a first and second place vote which pushed it ahead of JIM112.

Burntboy was kind enough to provide some text for it.

1172489-mysteryinspace90.jpg

Penciled by Carmine Infantino and inked by Murphy Anderson - it just didn't get much better than that in the Silver Age.............

per Carmine when speaking about his inspiration for his Adam Strange renderings; "Degas and Modigliani influenced me the most". specifically in reference to the Cover for MIS #90 - "It was a simple idea, but it sure did have an effect on people".

i'm still waiting for Red Hook to send me the framed 11x16 blowup of my Original copy............. grin.gif

I know I know. As soon as my new big format printer comes.... and I get my Spidey 18..... devil.gif And this was my number 1 cover in the poll. It's a beaut!

Brad

your ASM is on the way sans the Red Hook co-created COA.......... grin.gif

somehow it got into the box with my X-men #6 and went to another forum member. have no fear - he has promised to send it to you............... 27_laughing.gif

I thought we had until the 31st, the end of the month. 893censored-thumb.gifsorry.gif

I even sent you a PM. gossip.gif I thought you had me on ignore. frown.gif

1172140-ff025.jpg

Oh boy. Another Hulk battle cover. sleeping.gif Sorry guys, but this cover sucks compared to the others that have shown up. The Hulk's head looks like it's on backwards and the color palate is beyond hideous.

I never have anybody on ignore, except for greggy one week. insane.gif

I'm just a slow poke and was going to wait for the last day. crazy.gif

I never have anybody on ignore, except for greggy one week. insane.gif

I'm just a slow poke and was going to wait for the last day. crazy.gif

Just remember, it's your fault all those DC's made it that far. makepoint.gif

Some of them were so scared that they lost their fedoras!

Jack

Jack Kirby could flat out draw some great aliens.

1172525-tta29.jpg