• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

METROPOLIS ORIGINAL ART COLLECTION IS NOW ON-LINE.

41 posts in this topic

Late 80's interests me!!!! grin.gifcool.gifcloud9.gif

Don't know if you'd care about this one, Khaos, but you're a DC guy, so maybe you would. I'm so financially strapped right now (all my wheeling and dealing and delay this bill to pay that one has caught up to me this month. Knew it would sooner or later, but panic has set in) that I'm considering selling (for the right price) my favorite remaining piece of art that I bought about ten years ago.

It's by George Perez and Giordano and was a T-shirt design that DC used as an image in an ad for the first meeting/date between Wonder Woman and Superman. The thing is way too big for my scanner, but this is part of the image:

WW%26Supessample.jpg

They're both full figure, with lots of flowing cape, clouds and birds, etc.

-- Joanna

I had to wait until today to look (fast connection at work). I'm speechless. I'd like to say something really profound, but after looking at those cover "words" just don't seem to mean much.

Two of my favorites:

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/graphics/x-menC49a.jpg

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/graphics/swampthingC1a.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

I am slowly learning to despise the Spectre and everything related!

Chris

Don't hate what you don't have! frown.gif

I WOULD THINK THAT THE COVER TO HOS#92 WOULD BE WORTH AT LEAST DOUBLE OF WHAT THE COMPLETE STORY IS WORTH.

ME TOO. WHO WOULD WANT THE WHOLE BOOK WHEN THEY COULD PAY TWICE AS MUCH FOR JUST THE COVER ALONE?

YEP.