• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me All-knowing ones

19 posts in this topic

Go to eBay, hit search, enter seller/bidder name to find his items. Hi-light the code on the top where your address bar is & Copy. Enter Cgc forum board, start a post with the code Pasted into the body of your text. Odin hath spoken. 893applaud-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.giffrown.gif893censored-thumb.gifconfused.gif893censored-thumb.gif

me know not the mystery of attaching ebay items to post eg. "bidder lists".

me have possible shill me want to share on CGC chat page. me no sell X-men #423 for $5000, me verrrrrrrry disappointed today. NINA?

Sorry, I don't know either. I usually get greggy to help me with that, but he will call you a rookie. Oh well, small price to pay.

Greggy, oh wise one?

But, first you have to enter the e-bay auction number so Greggy knows where to go. grin.gif

Oh, and sorry you didn't get that 5 grand for X-Men 423. Maybe next time. (I am thinking some of the guys could advise advise you on realistic expectations on that one.) 27_laughing.gif

Personally, I feel anything over a grand could be a bit of reach on that one.

before me commit libel, any thoughts on 6 bids in the last 30 days all to the same seller. 50% certain SHILL , 75%, or 100% ?? 893blahblah.gif

You can't be libel if you say, this looks suspicious. That way, you're not accusing him of anything. So, don't worry about it. Take the leap and enter the e-bay listing. This forum is here to share, and we so much want to share. grin.gif

Sorry, I don't know either

893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gif

Ninanina 921 posts and you still don't know that...better learn that before you reach 1000. My avatar is getting very angry, Donald doesn't like newbies with over 1K posts tongue.gif

me no like dum computer toy, me try to hi lite no good. me click copy. no good. me think me dum dum. is no good me think me dum dum. 893censored-thumb.gif

Nope, your just a rookie. Put the damn e-bay listing number on your next post - all you have to do is type it. We're not getting anywhere here. mad.gif

grin.gif

Uh, Arty, I'll try and work on it tomorrow. That's what those "test" things at the top are all about, right?

bubbles,

If u go to the right hand side of the Address bar & u LEFT click your mouse once, this should hi-light the entire line of code for the webpage location. If u just copy part of the address line, the pasted location will not be correct in your post. stooges.gif

me no think.... oh jeez, enough. The last auction I watched these guys possibly finagle IN MY OPINION, ended two weeks ago. Check bid history for " timkline" and SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS!!! when I click on the hi-lited address nothing happens, is the address too long? 893blahblah.gif

before me commit libel, any thoughts on 6 bids in the last 30 days all to the same seller. 50% certain SHILL , 75%, or 100% ??

0% SHILL. 6 bids in the last 30 days on the same seller means NOTHING. I have one seller that puts up 3-4 auctions per week and I usually bid on all of them. She grades well, has books I usually want and I've done business with her many times. I'm not shilling her auctions since I usually win the ones I bid on, but if you look at her bid history my ID shows up a lot. There are other factors that could point to shilling but just bidding on multiple items from the same seller doesn't mean shill.

Anybody else? This guy has no history of buying or selling comics in his feedback. 0% ??? ,....... not a chance. 27_laughing.gif by the way, the seller had two simultaneous auctions for Hulk #181 going on, and this guy bid on both of them within 20 minutes. trivial, yet true. 893whatthe.gif I'll bet you pretty soon one of these two is selling a copy of this issue.

I just looked up timkline on ebay and did as Odin up top said.

This is what the browser lines looked like:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=timkline&completed=1&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2170695897

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2170694237

BTW, this works too, but if you want to be all spiffy about it...

For each one, I clicked on the "URL" under the instant UBB code when replying to a post and it asks for URL (what you see above) and then for the text you want it to show up under in the reply post. But if your security is on high or you have a popup blocker on, sometimes this will not show up and not work.

You cut off some of the address, actually you altered it a bit, putting a "/" in where an "I" should be...odd substitution

INCorrect:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebay/SAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=timkline&completed=1&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

CORRECT:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=timkline&completed=1&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

but a valiant effort nonetheless.

Now that links are up, that does look like shill. All timkline has bid on are auctions by that seller.

hmmmmm. they're both from Philadelphia, and anyone that sells Warhammer 40K OOP Space Marine bikes has to be evil. 27_laughing.gif

Thank you Darth, they call that a Freudian slip. 27_laughing.gif