• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 122 and 133

36 posts in this topic

That's the only thing wrong with the 122. Other than that there is no spine stress. Don't rely on the scans, I am looking at the 122 now, not a stress line at all. The 133 is most likely a VF+ with the issues. Still not a bad deal.

Well, there is a small color loss scratch at the top and some overhang. But that aside--you can't have a NM (9.4) book where there are 6 color breaking spine creases like that. That puts them in the VF (8.0) range.

Well, there is a small color loss scratch at the top and some overhang. But that aside--you can't have a NM (9.4) book where there are 6 color breaking spine creases like that. That puts them in the VF (8.0) range.

Who said they were NM 9.4, not me?

... 893naughty-thumb.gif

You said, "122 is NM, 133 looks NM but has a two tiny stains on the back cover.

195.00 shipped for both books:"

hi.gifpopcorn.gif

... 893naughty-thumb.gif

You said, "122 is NM, 133 looks NM but has a two tiny stains on the back cover.

195.00 shipped for both books:"

hi.gifpopcorn.gif

So I guess you don't want them?

poke2.gif

Not for NM prices. They are VF books, an not keys therefore do not demand VF guide. I'll take them for FN+ book price. sumo.gif

I'm sorry, who are you? The king of grading? You have a whole 4 years in comics? That's four years in a row, right? Four solid years? Wow, I am impressed. Let's move on shall we, nothing more to talk about. Next!

I'm sorry, who are you? The king of grading?

How did you know?!? yay.gif Actually, I only got 2nd place in the top grader poll. October got first... acclaim.gif

You have a whole 4 years in comics? That's four years in a row, right? Four solid years? Wow, I am impressed. Let's move on shall we, nothing more to talk about. Next!

For someone who claims to be so experienced in the comic industry, you sure grade like a typical ebayer. It's a 9.4 except for this, and this, and this and this... gossip.gif

For someone who claims to be so experienced in the comic industry, you sure grade like a typical ebayer. It's a 9.4 except for this, and this, and this and this...

I have not made one claim about my experiences, comics or otherwise. You on the other hand have a ton of comic experience. Four WHOLE Years. Let's talk about that. Do you sell raw or graded books?

I am looking at a CGC Avengers 19 I own. It has an obvious overhang and sress on the top of the spine. It's similar to the 122 you are slamming. CGC graded this book a 9.2. You call it a VF(overhang and stress). It just proves grading is subjective. Try to keep an open mind and don't advertise that you have four years of grading under your belt. You don't. You have four years of looking at someone elses grading (CGC) and making observations about what you see. I have over 2500 ebay transactions, most of them as a seller. I have countless board sales. I have had a few returns in the past 8 years on ebay, less than 10 if my mind is working. Most of what I sell is RAW. I look at CGC books that are 7.5 copies with 9.4 labels on them? What's that all about. It's subjective. Slamming another person's grading, especially someone you have no idea about is crazy. Just walk away and pass on the books. That's the best thing to do.

Good luck.

...I like both books, but no way they are NM. Both have numerous spine creases that can be seen from the scans. tonofbricks.gif

Look at Dr. Doom. 6 spine creases just to the left of him.

Not for NM prices. They are VF books, an not keys therefore do not demand VF guide. I'll take them for FN+ book price.

And you wonder why you have endeared yourself to so many people around here. There was no reason to come in and pizz on NoChip's books.

You dont agree with the grades, thats fine, but damn, dont come in and act like that.

Very rude and disrespectful.

...I like both books, but no way they are NM. Both have numerous spine creases that can be seen from the scans. tonofbricks.gif

Not for NM prices. They are VF books, an not keys therefore do not demand VF guide. I'll take them for FN+ book price.

And you wonder why you have endeared yourself to so many people around here. There was no reason to come in and pizz on NoChip's books.

You dont agree with the grades, thats fine, but damn, dont come in and act like that.

I did a bit of reading on my new friend. He's 18 and collecting comics for 4 years. I can only guess he still lives with mom and dad and likes to go bike riding with his friends. He also likes skateboarding and telling dirty jokes. In his spare time he likes to take long walks and study all his lifes accomplishments. He is a deep thinker and needs his space. On windy nights he likes to cuddle up with a good book to scare away the evil thoughts. I doubt he has ever voted in an election. He probably just turned 18! Hell, I have a scar on my #$#@$$% older than him!

I love people who grade books by looking at a scan. I see a tear, I see color touch, I see a bug. Get a life and stay away from my posts. I have no time for back seat drivers.

How's that for rude!

And nochips is one of the forum members who doesn't even need to scan a book before I'll take it(if it's DC, of course).

The grade is between nochips and the buyer only. Let the buyer come to his or her own conclusions. Shouldn't pizz on other people's books. 893naughty-thumb.gif

And nochips is one of the forum members who doesn't even need to scan a book before I'll take it(if it's DC, of course).

The grade is between nochips and the buyer only. Let the buyer come to his or her own conclusions. Shouldn't pizz on other people's books. 893naughty-thumb.gif

John knows what he's talking about!

I did a bit of reading on my new friend. He's 18 and collecting comics for 4 years. I can only guess he still lives with mom and dad and likes to go bike riding with his friends. He also likes skateboarding and telling dirty jokes. In his spare time he likes to take long walks and study all his lifes accomplishments. He is a deep thinker and needs his space. On windy nights he likes to cuddle up with a good book to scare away the evil thoughts. I doubt he has ever voted in an election. He probably just turned 18! Hell, I have a scar on my #$#@$$% older than him!

I love people who grade books by looking at a scan. I see a tear, I see color touch, I see a bug. Get a life and stay away from my posts. I have no time for back seat drivers.

How's that for rude!

27_laughing.gif, save it.

Enjoy trying to pawn those VF books off to some lucky buyer. yeahok.gif You can't even remember the grade you put on a book. You say, "duh, I didn't say that's a NM" even though it says "NM" in your description. What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. 893blahblah.gif

You could have all of the experience in the world, but if you use none of it then the experience is wasted. Poor guy. sorry.gif

How's that for rude!

27_laughing.gif, save it.

Enjoy trying to pawn those VF books off to some lucky buyer. yeahok.gif You can't even remember the grade you put on a book. You say, "duh, I didn't say that's a NM" even though it says "NM" in your description. What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. 893blahblah.gif

You could have all of the experience in the world, but if you use none of it then the experience is wasted. Poor guy. sorry.gif

Did he actually use the word person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed in a post? Why would someone do that? Right, 18 years old and wet behind the ears.......My lord what will come out of this guys mind next? Stay away from my posts. They are not for you youngsters. Us old guys want to be left alone, run along now......I hear your mom calling you.