• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 122 and 133

36 posts in this topic

...I like both books, but no way they are NM. Both have numerous spine creases that can be seen from the scans. tonofbricks.gif

Look at Dr. Doom. 6 spine creases just to the left of him.

Not for NM prices. They are VF books, an not keys therefore do not demand VF guide. I'll take them for FN+ book price.

And you wonder why you have endeared yourself to so many people around here. There was no reason to come in and pizz on NoChip's books.

You dont agree with the grades, thats fine, but damn, dont come in and act like that.

Very rude and disrespectful.

I did a bit of reading on my new friend. He's 18 and collecting comics for 4 years. I can only guess he still lives with mom and dad and likes to go bike riding with his friends. He also likes skateboarding and telling dirty jokes. In his spare time he likes to take long walks and study all his lifes accomplishments. He is a deep thinker and needs his space. On windy nights he likes to cuddle up with a good book to scare away the evil thoughts. I doubt he has ever voted in an election. He probably just turned 18! Hell, I have a scar on my #$#@$$% older than him!

I love people who grade books by looking at a scan. I see a tear, I see color touch, I see a bug. Get a life and stay away from my posts. I have no time for back seat drivers.

How's that for rude!

27_laughing.gif, save it.

Enjoy trying to pawn those VF books off to some lucky buyer. yeahok.gif You can't even remember the grade you put on a book. You say, "duh, I didn't say that's a NM" even though it says "NM" in your description. What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. 893blahblah.gif

You could have all of the experience in the world, but if you use none of it then the experience is wasted. Poor guy. sorry.gif

Did he actually use the word person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed in a post? Why would someone do that? Right, 18 years old and wet behind the ears.......My lord what will come out of this guys mind next? Stay away from my posts. They are not for you youngsters. Us old guys want to be left alone, run along now......I hear your mom calling you.

Yeah, your posts are for people that don't know the difference between NM and VF...or blind folks. gossip.gif

Yeah, your posts are for people that don't know the difference between NM and VF...or blind folks. gossip.gif

Dude, let it go. You need to know when to back off. You are really looking foolish now. You just told the board members they are blind if they don't agree with your four years of grading experience.

You are really looking foolish. Stop already. Before you embaress your self even more.

...I like both books, but no way they are NM. Both have numerous spine creases that can be seen from the scans. tonofbricks.gif

Not for NM prices. They are VF books, an not keys therefore do not demand VF guide. I'll take them for FN+ book price.

And you wonder why you have endeared yourself to so many people around here. There was no reason to come in and pizz on NoChip's books.

You dont agree with the grades, thats fine, but damn, dont come in and act like that.

I did a bit of reading on my new friend. He's 18 and collecting comics for 4 years. I can only guess he still lives with mom and dad and likes to go bike riding with his friends. He also likes skateboarding and telling dirty jokes. In his spare time he likes to take long walks and study all his lifes accomplishments. He is a deep thinker and needs his space. On windy nights he likes to cuddle up with a good book to scare away the evil thoughts. I doubt he has ever voted in an election. He probably just turned 18! Hell, I have a scar on my #$#@$$% older than him!

I love people who grade books by looking at a scan. I see a tear, I see color touch, I see a bug. Get a life and stay away from my posts. I have no time for back seat drivers.

How's that for rude!

Enjoy trying to pawn those VF books off to some lucky buyer. yeahok.gif You can't even remember the grade you put on a book. You say, "duh, I didn't say that's a NM" even though it says "NM" in your description. What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. 893blahblah.gif

You could have all of the experience in the world, but if you use none of it then the experience is wasted. Poor guy. sorry.gif

Did he actually use the word person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed in a post? Why would someone do that? Right, 18 years old and wet behind the ears.......My lord what will come out of this guys mind next? Stay away from my posts. They are not for you youngsters. Us old guys want to be left alone, run along now......I hear your mom calling you.

dude, you are so barking up the wrong tree here. Stuart is a dead-on grader, and a long-time member in good standing here. stop treating him like a newb who can't grade

How's that for rude!

dude, you are so barking up the wrong tree here. Stuart is a dead-on grader, and a long-time member in good standing here. stop treating him like a newb who can't grade

He doesn't even know his own grade. I don't know if that qualifies as a "newb", but it sure isn't the hallmark of a dead-on grader. He denies calling it a NM even though it says it in the description. I know I wouldn't call that, "dead-on grading". But to each their own. thumbsup2.gif

person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Haven't heard that in awhile. Love it.

It's a kid thing. Back when I was [embarrassing lack of self control] on my shoes and wished I had a girlfriend, I thought of nifty words like that. It's also the same time we begged the older kids to buy us beer. But that was almost 25 years ago. I can't remember the last time an 18 year old called me out. They usually run the other way. This one has spirit. He's a real grappler. Likes to keep swinging even after he has stuck out. I do admire his tenacity. But he is starting to bore me. I noticed he wants to be a CGC grader when he gets older. I wanted to be a fireman or was it astronaut? Either way, I love the youth of today.

"Nothing to see here, move along..............."

person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Haven't heard that in awhile. Love it.

It's a kid thing. Back when I was [embarrassing lack of self control] on my shoes and wished I had a girlfriend, I thought of nifty words like that. It's also the same time we begged the older kids to buy us beer. But that was almost 25 years ago. I can't remember the last time an 18 year old called me out. They usually run the other way. This one has spirit. He's a real grappler. Likes to keep swinging even after he has stuck out. I do admire his tenacity. But he is starting to bore me. I noticed he wants to be a CGC grader when he gets older. I wanted to be a fireman or was it astronaut? Either way, I love the youth of today.

Have to say that in my experience, nochips grades very strictly. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. What's so wrong in wanting to be a fireman when you grow up? sumo.gif

Have to say that in my experience, nochips grades very strictly. Just my 2 cents.

I think he was trying for a midly amusing anecdote to try and stir up some laughs. sleeping.gif

Nothing at all wrong with being a fireman. I love fireman. You have to read this guys web page. He said he wants to be a CGC grader when he grows up, stuff like that. It's just the age thing gone out of control. He's 18 with 48 months of grading behind him. The truth is he can't really grade at all. All he knows how to do is read a grade off a slab. That's like any 18 year old telling me they know how to drive. Very few really do. You need some practical experience, and 4 years of CGC label reading is not on the job training. I have been doing this for over 30 years. I'm no expert, not justyey. But I am expert enough to know imaturity when I read it.

A few rules for the board:

1. Don't act like an [embarrassing lack of self control]. No one like a bunghole.

2. Don't pretend to be an expert on anything. On this board there is an expert on every subject in the background. People will call you out.

3. Insult no one, it will only cause you heartache in the end.

4. Have fun.

He did not follow any of these rules.

Nothing at all wrong with being a fireman. I love fireman. You have to read this guys web page. He said he wants to be a CGC grader when he grows up, stuff like that. It's just the age thing gone out of control. He's 18 with 48 months of grading behind him. The truth is he can't really grade at all. All he knows how to do is read a grade off a slab. That's like any 18 year old telling me they know how to drive. Very few really do. You need some practical experience, and 4 years of CGC label reading is not on the job training. I have been doing this for over 30 years. I'm no expert, not justyey. But I am expert enough to know imaturity when I read it.

1. Don't act like an [embarrassing lack of self control]. No one like a bunghole.

2. Don't pretend to be an expert on anything. On this board there is an expert on every subject in the background. People will call you out.

4. Have fun.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I might add one more Stuart, please:

Admit when you have acted like an [embarrassing lack of self control]

Apologize when you have done something in bad form.

i will stick up for you nochips as well even if we aren't on a first name basis i have bought off you on ebay and you are definitely one of the good guys!!! That 122 i couldn't see scoring less than CGC 8.5 with a very good shot at 9.0 --it has many NM qualities! beautiful edges and colors and presents itself as extremely tight and flat! a beauty of a book! One thing i noticed about kings grading is he doesn't know how to weigh in superior NM characteristics against general wear especially spine ticks! Sadly this whole experience is probably just the result of the little graders poll he started going to his head! 27_laughing.gif

i will stick up for you nochips as well even if we aren't on a first name basis i have bought off you on ebay and you are definitely one of the good guys!!! That 122 i couldn't see scoring less than CGC 8.5 with a very good shot at 9.0 --it has many NM qualities! beautiful edges and colors and presents itself as extremely tight and flat! a beauty of a book! One thing i noticed about kings grading is he doesn't know how to weigh in superior NM characteristics against general wear especially spine ticks!

It doesn't matter if a book has NM qualities, if it's not NM. If you take just about any book you can find some part of it that if the rest of the book looked as good, it would be NM. My TOS #39 probably has a spot that looks NM...sadly the rest is VG. tonofbricks.gifYou even said, no lower than 8.5 with a good shot at 9.0. I can definetly go with that. That is not anywhere resembled NM though, or whatever grade he claims now. And it's not like that is a small thing. The price differences between 8.5 and 9.4 is hundreds of dollars.

Sadly this whole experience is probably just the result of the little graders poll he started going to his head! 27_laughing.gif

How is that? I'd say that a book was flagrantly overgraded no matter how I did in the poll. Sure, I am happy that I got some votes, but that's as far as it goes.

just playing with you about the poll! congrats! these books might just be a little lightly graded for nochips usual strictness but at the price he's asking for them he doesn't deserve to be confronted like that IMO! i think they do deserve a premium even at below NM (at least the 122) because for the most part they are in newsstand condition which is difficult to obtain in the silver age without paying big bucks! what i have bought off of nochips in the past was very strictly graded so i can tell you he's not a bum!

4. Have fun.

OK scratch nochips off my list of sellers.

Dude, let it go. You need to know when to back off. You are really looking foolish now. You just told the board members they are blind if they don't agree with your four years of grading experience.

You are really looking foolish. Stop already. Before you embaress your self even more.

Just to play the devil's advocate. If you have 20 years of bad grading experience, that makes you better than a "kid" with 4 years of dead on grading experience? You guys are jumping all over him and saying this and this about the grading. I will say i'm no where near an expert (been collecting for 25 years) on grading, but those books were not NM, but please start flaming me next because i have only been on the boards 6 months and can't possibly know anything.

Just to play the devil's advocate. If you have 20 years of bad grading experience, that makes you better than a "kid" with 4 years of dead on grading experience? You guys are jumping all over him and saying this and this about the grading. I will say i'm no where near an expert (been collecting for 25 years) on grading, but those books were not NM, but please start flaming me next because i have only been on the boards 6 months and can't possibly know anything.

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif