• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - I am converting to Scientology

193 posts in this topic

Interesting, a religion created by a Science Fiction writer. I remember reading a copy of, i think, amazing fantasy magazine where L Ron and two other Science Fiction writers were having a debate over Hubbard's Dianetics theory when he first published it.

I've been reading self-help books and [embarrassing lack of self control] for years now. They don't work. I believe in this stuff. I cannot understand why my family doesn't.

How are you going to afford to go through each step...some can cost as much as $10K?

Cheaper to go through the AA 12-step program...

Jim

Money is not the solution to problems. It is usually the cause. I will find a way to afford anything that comes my way. Whether or not my wife approves.

I've been reading self-help books and [embarrassing lack of self control] for years now. They don't work.

I find Anthony Robbins to be more along the line of self-empowering....

I cannot understand why my family doesn't.

Perhaps for the same reason that they can't understand why you do.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Interesting, a religion created by a Science Fiction writer. I remember reading a copy of, i think, amazing fantasy magazine where L Ron and two other Science Fiction writers were having a debate over Hubbard's Dianetics theory when he first published it.

L.Ron Hubbard also wrote....

1175879-movie-battlefield-earth.jpg

1175879-movie-battlefield-earth.jpg.de6a9b58088a09fe98a8e217d6c44477.jpg

Money is not the solution to problems. It is usually the cause.

Nah...it's the love of money that is the cause of problems....

Money can definatley ease the severity of certain problems if used as a tool for their eradication....

I actually really like this movie. I saw it on the first day it came out.

Rasberry Award winner for that year.... 893whatthe.gif

This has got to be a joke right?

I mean hey, whichever way the wind grabs you but personally if it was me, I wouldn't think people on a comic message board would give a [embarrassing lack of self control].

It's no joke. And I know a lot of the folks on this board personally. I have a lot of friends here, and it seemed like to only place I could turn. It has been a miserable day to say the least.

Never saw the movie but read the first book, pretty good. Wasn't that the one with aliens that looked like elephants?

You're kidding? It's one of the worst movies ever. Seriously.

I still like it. confused-smiley-013.gif

What did you think of Catwoman?

What did you think of Catwoman?

Never saw it. Saw Daredevil. Didn't like it.

Here's the story that I heard about Cage, comics and Scientology. This could be all rumour, in which case I apologize, but I've heard/read this from a couple of sources.

Back when we was going to play the lead in the re-make of the Superman movie (sometime in the 90s), there were real problems with the -script (which he was being consulted on) and his version of the character. Apparently, he was really excited to do the project and be the new Supes. But it wasn't turning out, and part of the blame was laid at his feet - apparently, many in the industry thought he wasn't right for the part. Coulnd't get into the character.

So, to get some clarity, he had some Scientology intervention. Apparently, the suggestion was made that his deep love of comics and collecting, rather than helping him inform the role he was to play, was clouding him and holding him back from really playing the part. So he sold the books. And, as we all know, the movie still never got made.

Anyway, could be all a load of [embarrassing lack of self control]. Ever since I saw 'Valley Girl' back in 1982, I have always liked Nicolas Cage. He's a great actor.

Shep

I just finished another argument with my wife. She was in tears this time. I really don't understand what the big deal is.

If she's hurting so much don't convert & become an atheist. gossip.gif

I was an atheist to begin with.