• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIN- high grade bronze WEIRD WAR TALES -early issues SPLITING UP THE KIDS!

8 posts in this topic

UPDATE! The group of books now being split up. Generous offers for some of these has persuaded me to split up the kids. So give em a happy home!

GONE/SOLD...Don Rosa #23 & 26, and regular issue #12.

The following...let's just say I invested a good chunk OH change in these.

They are all nice, high grade copies, some multiples and I'll state as follows-

WERID WAR TALES #1 (only real fault are two impact creases that don't break color and one minor color break at the top right corner.) REALLY nice book. off-white pages. If you really want to get conservative, I'll call it VF+

Honestly, one of the better copies I've seen on this book.

Issue #2...awesome copy. NM, with only one minor impact crease at spine that doesn't break color, and only noticeable when you hold it flat to the light.

Off white to white pages. Sharp corners, clean edges...high gloss cover.

More than likely 9.4, possible 9.6

Issue #4...the real hard core pick of the litter. Hands down the finest and best copy I have EVER seen on this book. FULL gloss cover, sharp corners, tight spine, clean copy--off white to white pages, probably a 9.6 at worst, more than likely a 9.8. I mean, IMO...flawless. I LOVE this book. Ever have one of those comics that breaks your heart to sell it? This is one for me. I put a lot of money into this copy at purchase, and I nit picked that puppy when I did. Vibrant colors that pop off the cover...it's a beauty.

Issue #12 NM/M (only fault is a very tiny number 72 written on the cover by the dealer who received it upon distribution)

Issue #12 DON ROSA PEDIGREE NM white pages (blunt lower left corner, non-color breaking impact crease top right)

Issue #18, DON ROSA PEDIGREE, NM-....it has two hairline color breaks at spine.

Issue #23 DON ROSA PEDIGREE NM/M (9.6 to 9.8) white pages

Issue #26 DON ROSA PEDIGREE NM, white pages (9.4)

Issue #38 VF++/NM (nice clean copy, high gloss cover, sharp edges and corners, has date stamp on cover and

Issue #46, NM+

Issue #100 DON ROSA PEDIGREE (white pages, sharp corners, clean full gloss cover, . 9.6 to 9.8)

My personal investment on all of these books combined is way high. The costly books on my part were without question #1, 2 & 4.

I want to sell these all in ONE LOT to one lucky owner. I really don't want to split these up unless the offers are really generous. Besides, the better deal would go to one who purchased all anyway.

I'd like to see $800 for the lot, which if going to be a loss for me, when combined my cost on all these books more than that. I'll pick up shipping and insurance, plus tracking and I'll throw in some extras to sweeten the deal. Either silver or bronze age DC stuff, reader copies on some other horror books.

wwA.jpg

wwB.jpg

wwC.jpg

wwD.jpg

Just a friendly bump...again, would rather sell them all to one lucky person.

Several of you have made generous offers to break the lot up...if the whole kit-n-kaboodle doesn't go to one lucky guy tonight, then tomorrow I will split them up.

One last shout out...to all my forum brothers....hit me with your pm's by 11 PM tonight. Thanks again to all who have inquired already!

UPDATE! The group of books now being split up. Generous offers for some of these has persuaded me to split up the kids. So give em a happy home!

GONE/SOLD...Don Rosa #23 & 26, and regular issue #12.