• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #4 CGC 9.0 c/ow SOLD

20 posts in this topic

Man, that's my worst nightmare.

My wife told me 10 years ago when we married I could keep the comics if it ever got to that, God forbid it ever does...but yeah, when it comes to child support and alimony.

Now wouldn't THAT be just a fit of ultimate irony for me?

God forbid my wife and I ever split and I have to pay child support.

The daughter that I flipped an Amaz. Fant. #15 for to bring into this world....would end up costing me my entire collection book by book just to make payments?

ZOIKS!

Good luck, Roy.

Our thoughts are with you.

scan is up...thanks guys.

Maybe I'll hit the road WITH Cap and Mandi to get some space.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Roy.

roy,

Sorry to hear about your situation... check your PMs. This is certainly a book I would consider buying -- but the cr/ow pages is the only thing holding me back... though I would consider chasing this book...

Thanks for your interest. To be fair Brian, the book has a lot more going for it. Almost perfect centering and staples, and no date stamps both which are a little harder to find on this book and this is a 9.0/9.2 book more than it is a 8.5/9.0 book if you know what i mean. I have a lot of interested parties and am sure the book will be gone soon.

Roy.

Why would you have to sell your comics if you get a divorce? Don't people have jobs to pay child support with? Just because someone gets a divorce,doesn't mean they have to take your personal property.

Kevin, if everything needs to get split in half can i ask you to lend me a few bucks so i can keep my collection? poke2.gif

Congrats Roy!!!!

Dude, there were about 9 or 10 people after this book, but i had to let it go to whomever came up with the $$ first....Thanks for your pm's and support gang.

Roy.

Why would you have to sell your comics if you get a divorce? Don't people have jobs to pay child support with? Just because someone gets a divorce,doesn't mean they have to take your personal property.

27_laughing.gif

uh, that's exactly what it means . . . sorry.gif All books acquired during the marriage are community property, on the presumption they were acquired with joint assets . . . Sad, but true. smirk.gif

Why would you have to sell your comics if you get a divorce?

Fear of vengeance and spite from the ex, if its a bitter divorce, during the settlement.

27_laughing.gif

uh, that's exactly what it means . . . sorry.gif All books acquired during the marriage are community property, on the presumption they were acquired with joint assets . . . Sad, but true. smirk.gif

Aren't you afraid though of the money from this getting divided up too? Or are you stashing it away in a can in the yard?

Anyways Congrats on the sale!!!

Why would you have to sell your comics if you get a divorce?

Fear of vengeance and spite from the ex, if its a bitter divorce, during the settlement.

She's actually pretty cool that way and does not even want anything, but fair is fair, and i've got 4 kids to support...

We''ll take it one day at a time and see what happens.

R.

27_laughing.gif

Aren't you afraid though of the money from this getting divided up too? Or are you stashing it away in a can in the yard?

Dont answer this as the wife might be reading it.

27_laughing.gif

Dont answer this as the wife might be reading it.

27_laughing.gif