• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone has my comics!!

10 posts in this topic

About 10 years ago my parents were moving house in Arizona. I was living in Taiwan. A box of my comics went missing -- one of the movers apparently "liberated" it. I was only told of this a couple of years later so nothing could be done about it.

These were mostly comics that I collected at the time they came out and would grade around 9.2 and above (except for the first four titles). As you can imagine, I was not thrilled about this. The titles I mention are only the ones that I can remember as I didn't have a list at the time -- there are certainly more. These were runs of the first 5 or 10 issues.

So if you ever hear of anyone telling the story of "finding" a treasure box of valuable comics, you know where they came from.

The missing comics:

Metal Men (complete run including Showcases)

Dynamo

Thunder Agents

No-Man

Marvel Team-up

Red Wolf

Ghost Rider

Hero for Hire

Warlock

Demon

Kamandi

Plop

Werewolf by Night

Manthing

Boy Commandos

Sandman

I hope everyone has learned a valuable lesson here:

1) Always move your valuable, easy to scam items personally. Rent a truck or courier it you cheap buggers.

2) If you are having work done on your home, keep track of any workers, do not allow them to occupy multiple floors/rooms, lock your windows tight and for God's sake, put your valuables away.

3) Never let anyone take anything out of your home/apartment, especially in the guise of a "big bag of garbage". My uncle stopped a guy one time, and the garbage bag had some very old Sports Illustrated's all stacked in the bottom.

4) If a contractor enters your home and starts making comments about your belongings, how much you paid, what you own, etc., get him/her the FRACK out of there. It sounds suspicious in text, but it many times takes the guise of chit-chat. One my friends in Richmond Hill got his place busted in not a week after a electrician's assistant gabbed endlessly about his incredible A/V equipment. Bingo, guess what got scammed.

i know how you feel because about 10 years ago i was having a party at my parents house when they went to the beach,and about 3 weeks later i waslooking through my comics when i noticed that one of my so called "friends" stole my AVENGERS #1, AMAZING SPIDERMAN #3, and AMAZING SPIDERMAN ANNUAL#1 and then to top it off a month later my mother found $5,000 of her jewerly gone!!! never found out who actually stole all of it,but it still makes me sick to this day mad.gif