• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's buying what in the Silver-age lately??

48 posts in this topic

Definitely the 9.0.If I were to be offered my choice of those two,free of charge(9.0 or 9.6)I would choose the 9.0 for that very reason.Poor registration is definitely my # 1 turn off.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

And to be Frank with you, the points that mark the 9.0 as a 9.0 were pretty insignificant, mild blunting on the top edge, etc, it was a very nice book, no question.

The 9.6 is a bit of sqew, a real shame but still good to have as I can't say I've seen to many come up for sale, my best copy came back a 8.5 from CGC, and that was a fair grading. Just a tough one to locate in grade from my experiences.

I would LOVE to find a solid 8.5 copy at a decent price on that book.Keith C. considered that book to be one of the most difficult early Marvels to find in true NM (with white pages),and he's seen a many-a Marvel.It's also the first Alicia Masters cover.Maybe someday I'll be in the right place at the right time with the right $$$$ and get one 27_laughing.gif.GOD BLESS...

I would LOVE to find a solid 8.5 copy at a decent price on that book.Keith C. considered that book to be one of the most difficult early Marvels to find in true NM (with white pages),and he's seen a many-a Marvel.It's also the first Alicia Masters cover.Maybe someday I'll be in the right place at the right time with the right $$$$ and get one 27_laughing.gif.GOD BLESS...

Well the 9.6, and that 9.0 were the best I've seen offered for a very long time. I recollect seeing a 9.2 a good while ago, but nothing else. I guess it's fair to say if we're all singing the same song.

Well if your interested in a solid copy I could send you a scan of my other 2 copies, I only need one at this point. (PM, etc, etc.)

Well if your interested in a solid copy I could send you a scan of my other 2 copies, I only need one at this point. (PM, etc, etc.)

I would be interested too, especially since there is only one CGC 8.5 copy in the census...

PM Sent! Please send me the scans thumbsup2.gif

Other than SSWS and GI Combat, I'm looking to buy a Brave and the Bold 15 in Fine or better...I even checked the dealer sites...no luck.

Good luck, those pre-hero B&Bs are tough to find in any kind of grade.

I buy pretty much any VFish SA books I can get at huge discounts.For the price of a CGC 9.0,I can often buy a dozen 7.5-8.5s.

Whatever floats your boat.

Yup, the gaps are there, and at the prices currently obtained your getting great books for a fraction. I have seen some stunning 8.5's...usually all the action is on the back cover. So all power to you!

Trouble is serious keys in 7.5-8.5 still go for serious money, something in that.