• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2005 vs 2006 Overstreet prices - for MY 10,000th post

26 posts in this topic

The increases the past two years seems to run counter to the hype we hear from CLink and Pedigree about runaway record prices on their SA books. At the same time, we seem to see a lot of GA books selling at close or slightly above guide depending upon the book, at auctions such as Heritage and Hake's.

Maybe it's a case of filtering out all of the hype since the record prices for SA tends to be really in the uber high grades with a lack of price support in the lower and mid grades. GA prices, although much more sedate still tends to show relatively more strength across the board in all grade levels as opposed to just high grade.

confused.gif Lou, YOU'RE the one who's constantly talking about how hot SA prices are, and how you wish GA books could catch on fire again like they did back in the 90s. confused-smiley-013.gif

tth2;

Actually the part of the 90's which I really liked the most were the early 90's when SA and Modern books were red hot and GA was relatively stone cold dead. This was the time period during which I was able to acquire a large part of my GA collection at relatively reasonable prices.

As the market started to turn in '94 and early '95, I was able to pick up more books as the initial rising prices began to push some nice books out from collectors who had been waiting for this move. By mid to late '95 and '96, the prices had gone so high that I was basically priced right out of the market.

Unfortunately, even though GA is relatively cool as compared to SA or BA right now, the prices on the books I want have already consolidated at too high of a price for me to really justify paying. Now that everybody else has discovered the early Archies over the past few years, I guess I am going to have to look for something else to collect.

Starting to dabble in some high grade early SA DC's now, since nobody seems to care about these books. poke2.gif

Just to mess with the variant collectors out there -

Marvel price variants have some serious increases in this year's guide.

It's gonna be harder to get these niche books for cheap from somone with the guide in their hands. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's gonna be harder to get these niche books for cheap from somone with the guide in their hands. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's one of the most interesting changes I've heard about or seen yet.

The number one thing I've been taking away so far is how a lot of books have been minutely nudged one way or another. Mild tinkering. Lots of VFs that were 25 to 60 bucks seem to have been lowered $2. This includes some ASMs, early 70s Batmans and Detectives. Other old books have been raised $1 in GD, $2 in VG, etc. like early SA Flashs. The only GA book I've checked, Military comics, had the final issues lowered $2 in GD.

So a real mixed trend to me, although I'm jokingly thinking of it in my head as Overstreet's war on 1965-1975 VFs.

Marc

Ask and ye shall receive, and this data should be correct...