• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird items in Ebay Feedback

23 posts in this topic

Don't know if many of you do this - check out who you are buying from or selling to by reviewing the types ot things they have bought and sold, but I routinely review feedback items from anyone that I might potentially buy a book from if I have not dealt with them before. There are so many scammers I like to try to get a sense of any patterns. That being said, I just bid on an X-men 3 cgc 9.2 and then checked the feedback - i did not bid high enough to win the book unless the bottom falls out of the comic book market though. Anyway, this guy's feedback items made me a little nervous as it does not look like feedback for anyone involved in high grade comics. no negatives but just strange stuff. Various marbles costing around $3 each but the really weird thing was this pair of "really uber kewl bondage pants - can be worn by male or female!" Now if I had bought some unber cool bondage pants it would either be a feedbackless transaction or a private transcatcion but that would not appear in my feedback! Some other off kilter stuff was in the feedback too - reminded me of the infamous rustystarwars who had fake cgc books, fishing gear, used car parts, generic drugs, star wars toys etc in his feedback profile! Something to think about if you are going to sell expensive comics I would say.

Why would you buy bondage pants from a user id that has "infectiousthreads" in it.Hopefully that is not truth in advertising. Plus the guy is obviously not a patriot as he is buying Iraqi money with Sadam's picture on it.

Didn't notice that one! The bondage pants were really enough to get me wondering. I guess there is nothing really wrong with bondage or bondage pants - if you are into that sort of thing! I wonder if ebay has a special bondage or S&M section? Anyone around here cruise the dark side of ebay? Maybe if i win the book I will casually ask " by the way, how did those uber kewl bondage pants work out?"

Didn't notice that one! The bondage pants were really enough to get me wondering. I guess there is nothing really wrong with bondage or bondage pants - if you are into that sort of thing! I wonder if ebay has a special bondage or S&M section? Anyone around here cruise the dark side of ebay? Maybe if i win the book I will casually ask " by the way, how did those uber kewl bondage pants work out?"

Now were those pants new...or used?

jonny D. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WTF does this comment mean? In fact, I was told that the comics we brought in were "easily the best original private-owner collection that has ever been submitted for grading at the CGC." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WTF does this comment mean? In fact, I was told that the comics we brought in were "easily the best original private-owner collection that has ever been submitted for grading at the CGC." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plus WTF does it mean that they couldn't get a pedigree because they didn't have a complete run..............................

Maybe Steve could shed some light on this outstanding collection.

No offense to this guy, but IMO he is "lying". Missing a few issues from a run wouldn't constitute reasoning for it to NOT be a pedigree. Having most of the issues in the run F- to F/VF or buying them after their issuance would be..

The best original owner collection they've seen? And none of the books are even NM, let alone VF. There's at least 4-5 pedigrees that would blow these books out of the water..

Brian

Yep - and you see it was the uranium marbles, Iraqi money and those darned bondage pants(uber kewl) in his feedback that gave the whole scam away! If only he had used private feedback! In my opinion, something smells funny about the whole thing - and i am not just talking about the bondage pants!

My question is how did he get the pic of all the comics together if he doesn't own them? Second why make up a story that you can check so easily by calling Boroc?. Finally he accepts paypal so arn't you protected from fraud my your credit card company? I'm not saying this isn't a scam because thats the first impression I got when I looked at his auctions but what do you guys think about all of that?

Ericc123

I don't really think it is a scam either. i just think the seller is real firebreathing geek! The descriptions are a bit over the top but the set up looks legit -the other items he has purchased are just a but strange to me. But - someone like supapimp may think bondage pants are ok! But not sure about those uranium marbles though.

Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention! I think they are 4% spandex - probably not italian. But if i were going for some bondage pants - only Prada would do! What kind of shoes go with bondage pants - probably those knee high Nazi boots?

I too like to check feedback. but the bottom line is that sometimes a person has got to go for it if you see an item you want bad enough. Good or bad or weird feedback. Most of the time it all works out. ( Knock on wood ) acclaim.gif

What dollars are you willing to bet and lose on somebody's feedback if you are ever wrong.

I would politely refer you to any of the Rustysstarwars threads for an example of buyer feedback that should have sent warning bells to everybody.

Don't get me wrong....i think that these books are legit but at the same time I wouldn't be bidding on them.

im sure the german designer helmut lang has designed some boots that would go with bondage pants.

Hey, isn't Helmut Lang married to Shania Twain?

(Just kidding...but "Helmut Lang" and "Mutt Lange" are pretty close names...

and don't the words "bondage pants" and "Shania Twain" go so well together?)

stop it, your making james ashley rudd AKA FF blush. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif893applaud-thumb.gifrantpost.gifcloud9.gif

stop it, your making james ashley rudd AKA FF blush. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif893applaud-thumb.gifrantpost.gifcloud9.gif

With Shania Twain and bondage pants thrown in there, I'm not blushing, I'm gettin' major wood flamed.gifcloud9.gif