• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are people thinking?

13 posts in this topic

If all the readers get slabbed then who will read the stories. (Yes Hammer I know if we don't slab the reader copies then CGC would be deprived of their rightful revenues).

Maybe this is why TPB's will be the cornerstone of our hobby (that is until we start slabbing them).

ComicLink had consigned to them slabbed individual wrap interior pages from Action #1 cgc no grade given = 0.0? No cover (front or back), no centerfold, no staples even. Think some of these wraps wound up on Heritage also asking for around $1,000 each. Saw a cgc'd coverLESS ASM #1 being eBayed last spring too. stooges.gif

ComicLink had consigned to them slabbed individual wrap interior pages from Action #1 cgc no grade given = 0.0? No cover (front or back), no centerfold, no staples even. Think some of these wraps wound up on Heritage also asking for around $1,000 each. Saw a cgc'd coverLESS ASM #1 being eBayed last spring too. stooges.gif

If I don't sell my first wrap from All-American Comics #16 (first appearance Green Lantern), I'm going to get it slabbed. It will be "incomplete", but who cares? It'll save the paper. I had an auction and it went to $450, but didn't meet reserve.

Bonds,

The fellow who had this comic slabbed and in doing so contributed his royalties to CGC should receive our highest commendations, not ridicule. Like myself, he most probably feels a strong sense of responsibility to pay whatever tribute whenever possible regardless of the submission's value. BRAVO!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hopefully he get his 30 bucks back to cover his cost for grading that 1.0

Here's hoping that he wont make any where close to his $30. I don't want people like this to be encouraged to slab this kind of c_rap.