• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 on Ebay

46 posts in this topic

Saw a Scoop article about a restored Action Comics #1 on Ebay, and took a look. Gee, what a surprise! Diamond is the seller yeahok.gif

Scoop is now shilling Geppi's books. How sad, but not really surprising. foreheadslap.gif

Still wouldn't mind having that book though - restored or not.

Saw a Scoop article about a restored Action Comics #1 on Ebay, and took a look. Gee, what a surprise! Diamond is the seller yeahok.gif

They say so in the article, don't they? (I checked- they do "Diamond International Gallery is listing the book on consignment.")

Regardless, it's no different than the Hake's articles, the articles about GEM, any mention of the Guide, the articles about Geppi himself, etc... Nothing new and it's not like they hide the association (Scoop is © Diamond & Gemstone, after all.)

They say so in the article, don't they? (I checked- they do "Diamond International Gallery is listing the book on consignment.")

Regardless, it's no different than the Hake's articles, the articles about GEM, any mention of the Guide, the articles about Geppi himself, etc... Nothing new and it's not like they hide the association (Scoop is © Diamond & Gemstone, after all.)

Ah, thanks! I didn't see that mention. thumbsup2.gif

I find in odd that they can't/won't link to larger images of the copy. They state in the auction that they've provided the largest images that the Ebay upload will allow... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So, Diamond can't host images themselves? Or, they don't have someone with enough HTML skill to link to better scans? Weird...

Maybe they are afraid of image theft? Or they would rather not have to resto become apparent in larger scans?

Still a cool book. It's exciting when any copy comes to the market. It'll be intersting to see what this one can command. Any opinions on the lack of certification?

This is a funny statement to include with a $25,000 opening bid:

We will be unable to respond to requests for more detailed scans of the cover. It was scanned at the best ratio we could load into eBay.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We will be unable to respond to requests for more detailed scans of the cover. It was scanned at the best ratio we could load into eBay.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No Action 1 for you!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

we beat me to it. 25k at least and thats the best scan I can get. screwy.gif

Something in the description caught my eye .........

"The restoration is considered to be moderate. It has been cleaned, pressed and reinforced."

Seems at least someone at Diamond International Galleries thinks that pressing is restoration...........

Something in the description caught my eye .........

"The restoration is considered to be moderate. It has been cleaned, pressed and reinforced."

Seems at least someone at Diamond International Galleries thinks that pressing is restoration...........

893whatthe.gif

here's the form email i received in regards to my request for a scan bigger than ant-man.

Hello,

We appreciate your interest. The response to this listing is pretty big. That is why we are unable to answer any requests for new scans. The book is in a vault that requires two people to open. I may be able to get fresh scans before the auction ends, but I am not sure that will come to pass.

The original scans are the exact same thing that eBay is showing. I have already sent them to several people and they told me that it added nothing to their appreciation of the book.

Let me see if I can get a bigger scan on Monday afternoon. If I can, I will just send it out to everyone without any real info. I will try to do it as detailed as possible.

If for some reason I can’t get this done, you should know that the consignors will accept returns on the book for seven days after the item has been received. The purchaser will be responsible for shipping.

Hope that helps a bit. Thanks for your understanding.

Mark Squirek

Comic and Art Auction Manager

Diamond International Galleries

1-888-355-9800 ext 422

smark@diamondgalleries.com

www.diamondgalleries.com

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 7:19 PM

To: Mark Squirek

Subject: Question for item #6619929923 - Action #1 Restored 5.0 First app. Superman 1938

eBay sent this message to Mark Squirek (diamondintlgal).

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Question about Item -- Respond Now

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address. Click the Respond Now button below to send your response via My Messages.

Question from pirate2323

pirate2323( 1809)

Positive Feedback:

99.4%

Mar-19-98

KY, United States

Registered On:

www.ebay.com

Item: Action #1 Restored 5.0 First app. Superman 1938 (6619929923)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

pirate2323 is a potential buyer.

I would need to see much larger scans before even considering this book especially with the restoration. Send me your original scans as ebay sizing would have no affect on them.

Respond to this question in My Messages.