• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best current spider-man title?

24 posts in this topic

Just wondering what other readers thought?

I'm reading four titles right now.

Best: USM

and the worst: FNSM

Best: Marvel Knights/Sensational

Worst: Ultimate

I say Ultimate, because Bendis really needs to ease up on the "ultimization" of all these characters. Bring back some characters you've already introduced, already!

I say Ultimate, because Bendis really needs to ease up on the "ultimization" of all these characters. Bring back some characters you've already introduced, already!

I would think you'd want him to write an Ultimate Hobgoblin? Only his version would be a hermaphradite who's torn between his love for Norman or Mary Jane and takes out GG's flyer to see who would be impressed the most...oh...and explaining himself to exhaustion the whole while... crazy.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

I would think you'd want him to write an Ultimate Hobgoblin? Only his version would be a hermaphradite who's torn between his love for Norman or Mary Jane and takes out GG's flyer to see who would be impressed the most...oh...and explaining himself to exhaustion the whole while... crazy.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

By the way, the answer to the first post is: there isn't one. Spidey sucks right now. In fact, in the past 5 yrs the only title to not suck was early Ultimate Spider-man, but it jumped the shark around issue #50 or so.

Actually I enjoy Ultimate. The new story line reminds me too much of the stupid clone storyline, I am not enjoying it at all.

Apparently the Ultimate "clone saga" begins with issue #101. Who wants to bet this time Peter Parker is the clone and therefore the last 5 years have been the adventures of the clone foreheadslap.gif

Actually I enjoy Ultimate. The new story line reminds me too much of the stupid clone storyline, I am not enjoying it at all.

Apparently the Ultimate "clone saga" begins with issue #101. Who wants to bet this time Peter Parker is the clone and therefore the last 5 years have been the adventures of the clone foreheadslap.gif

In regards to the Clone Saga, I didn't have a problem with Peter being the clone since #150. It was the way they told the story and the length that was the problem in my eyes.

If Marvel wanted to reboot the character, and Spidey needed a huge shot in the arm creatively at the time, I thought it was a rather clever way of doing it... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Best: Marvel Knights/Sensational

Worst: Ultimate

Hobby,

I'm wondering what you like about Marvel Knights/Sensational? I'll give it a try, my LCS is a long way away and I just can't pop to the store.

Jim

Ultimate Hobgoblin has already been done makepoint.gif

Where've you been?

Jim

Where've you been?

Yeah, but not the way Jim envisions it... grin.gif

Jim

Where've you been?

Yeah, but not the way Jim envisions it... grin.gif

Jim's version might even be better than the Bendis Ultimate Hobgoblin. I mean for crying out loud, the Hobgoblin couldn't even speak. He was just a big dumb monster. Not so much a goblin as he was an ogre.

In regards to the Clone Saga, I didn't have a problem with Peter being the clone since #150. It was the way they told the story and the length that was the problem in my eyes.

If Marvel wanted to reboot the character, and Spidey needed a huge shot in the arm creatively at the time, I thought it was a rather clever way of doing it... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Though I'm a big Spidey fan I dropped USM a while back. Though I still love Mark Bagley's work I'm just kinda tired of Bendis now. Marvel is just giving him way too many books to do and they are all starting to sound the same. Personally, I'd at least stick with Amazing Spider-Man and Sensational/Marvel Knights. There's nothing big going on in Friendly yet to make it stand out. I agree with Awe4one as far as the Clone Saga. I think it could have been a great thing if Marvel had stuck to it and continued with the idea. The reason it turned into dog poo is because Marvel backed pedaled and tried to give the fanboys what they wanted. See, never give in to peer pressure. 893naughty-thumb.gif