• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4/10/06 eBay - Thor, UFF, UXM, Eric Powell auto, Jenny Spark

21 posts in this topic

This is worth $10? confused.gif

My LCS threw it in for me as a freebie. I thought it wasn't worth the price of a regular comic or something. I might have to bag it now... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A guy from France bought it. Maybe they didn't get it there? I don't know. I figured I'd take the chance.

If you seriously think that attitude is going to help sell your junk then you are not only stupid but also deluded.

Not stupid, just knowledgeable of my potential buyers, and I know that most of the regular posters, you included, aren't it. But there are a few who look at the thread, and some who may even click on the links and check out the auctions. Has a boardie ever decided to bid on one of my auctions? I don't know. No one's ever told me that they were a regular here (on other boards, yes...here, no). But maybe, just maybe someone here will find something they need in one of my auctions and find it worth the $.49 opening bid or even the Buy It Now price. It's been known to happen.

Now, Mr. Fox, if you think your insults will prompt me to look deep inside myself and decide that, "Hey, that anonymous guy/girl is being mean with words. I should not post here anymore," well, that won't happen. If you don't want to look at my thread, then it's very simple procedure not to. Just don't click the thread. Now, if you're just bored and need to check the post count and history of everyone who tries to post an eBay link here, well, I'll give you an advance notice: I'll have another one in a few hours. I'll probably have a new one every Monday until the rest of my comics are gone. There aren't too many left, just more than a long box. It shouldn't take me more than a month, two at the very most, to get rid of the rest. Whatever doesn't sell, I'll just give them away to someone who wants some free comics. But after that last auction ends, I promise, you'll never hear from me again. But, if a moderator asks me to stop posting my auctions before then, I will. I'll respect them. You, not so much.

And FYI, the reason I don't post in any other Forum here is because I have nothing else to say. As much as it kills me not to, I don't read comics anymore. A TPB here and there when I can find a cheap one, but I haven't read a monthly comic in almost two years. It's not that I've grown out of the hobby or now look down on them in any way, it's just that when my wife was pregnant with our first kid (second one is on the way, that's why I'm making the big push with what I've got left), I just didn't have the time, money, or space for them anymore.

So, there you go.

Has a boardie ever decided to bid on one of my auctions? I don't know. No one's ever told me that they were a regular here (on other boards, yes...here, no). But maybe, just maybe someone here will find something they need in one of my auctions and find it worth the $.49 opening bid or even the Buy It Now price. It's been known to happen.

hi.gif

Has a boardie ever decided to bid on one of my auctions? I don't know. No one's ever told me that they were a regular here (on other boards, yes...here, no). But maybe, just maybe someone here will find something they need in one of my auctions and find it worth the $.49 opening bid or even the Buy It Now price. It's been known to happen.

hi.gif

Hey! There you are! It DOES work! Jenny Sparks this week, and Golden Age about a month ago.

So is it my low prices, the free comics, my dashing good looks, or my message board savvy that keeps you coming back?

BTW: Seriously, thanks for buying these. Granted, it's been a little more than $2 for six books (not counting the freebies), but it's helping me clean out my little girl's room and putting a few extra bucks in my pocket to toward a crib for her.

You are welcome. I check everyone's auctions. If something pops up I want to buy, I bid. I figure there is a higher percentage the person, I am dealing with will be worth the trouble. Sorry, they have been going low. No one else has been bidding against me.