• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Point Five's Golden Age/Atomic Age Sale! BIN, Forum-Only!

95 posts in this topic

Dave, did you send a PM? If so I never received confused.gif ....but no, no Timelys coming.

Edit: Sorry to leave everyone hanging but I'm getting tied up with stuff here at work. I'll come back at 2:30 and post a few more books. Thanks!

thumbsup2.gif Good for you Scrooge. I was going back and forth as to whether or not I should buy it. Glad I don't have to think about it anymore 27_laughing.gif

Wanna trade devil.gif

Just bring it to the show in a few weeks so we can read it and give it back to you yay.gif

Women in Love #nn, 1952. Scarce (as noted in Overstreet) 100-page romance book. Must be rare indeed; I've only ever seen one other copy. Contents appear to be all-original, not reprints?, but not sure. Hilariously angst-filled cover story in which the couple in question agonizes over whether to do The Deed That Dare Not Speak Its Name (even though this was before the CCA!). Actually, my fave story here is called “I Was a Greenwich Village Character”, about a young woman who falls in with that New York City artist crowd that everyone warned her about… smile.gif This copy grades Good; heavy overall wear, but solid spine & solid copy, nice offwhite pages. Back cover (which incredibly enough is an ad for a cigarette lighter!) is here. Truly scarce in any grade. $45 SOLD

womeninlove.jpg

First Romance #3, 1949. Early Harvey romance book with a quite charming & innocent cover, before they started torqueing up the drama & sleaze. Well above average copy looks F with very bright inks and near-white pages, but back cover is more like VG- because of some edge crimps from being bundled back in the day…I'll call it a strong VG+ overall. Still a tough early book to find with this eye appeal. $11 SOLD

firstromance3.jpg

Women in Love #nn, 1952. Scarce (as noted in Overstreet) 100-page romance book. Must be rare indeed; I've only ever seen one other copy. Contents appear to be all-original, not reprints?, but not sure. Hilariously angst-filled cover story in which the couple in question agonizes over whether to do The Deed That Dare Not Speak Its Name (even though this was before the CCA!). Actually, my fave story here is called “I Was a Greenwich Village Character”, about a young woman who falls in with that New York City artist crowd that everyone warned her about… smile.gif This copy grades Good; heavy overall wear, but solid spine & solid copy, nice offwhite pages. Back cover (which incredibly enough is an ad for a cigarette lighter!) is here. Truly scarce in any grade. $45

womeninlove.jpg

takeit.gif