• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: X-men 266: Buy, Hold, or Sell?

X-men 266 - Buy/Hold/Sell  

69 members have voted

1. 1. X-men 266 - Buy/Hold/Sell

12 posts in this topic

All,

I'd like your opinion on what to do with multiple copies of this comic. The question on my mind is will he be in X3? Nobody knows, but I saw the concept sketch in Wizard and it got me thinking...

Any opinions are appreciated.

Ronny

Current best guess is that there won't be an X3... at least not what and when people are expecting... The next X-related flick will be a Wolverine vehicle, and after that they'll decide which actors they feel like they can afford to pay for another team movie...

This book will go to $100 within the next few years... but there are other books that will get there faster...

If the book makes you happy to own it... then hang on to it...

I currently have 7 copies, and I sell around 20 a year... demand really hasn't changed all that much in the last couple years. I don't think his presence (or lack thereof) will do anything for the book. You may pick up a little speculator bump around X3 that if you time correctly will net you some extra cash. But trying to time the speculator market is pretty foolish unless your name is Gareb Shamus...

Current best guess is that there won't be an X3... at least not what and when people are expecting... The next X-related flick will be a Wolverine vehicle, and after that they'll decide which actors they feel like they can afford to pay for another team movie...

where did you read this?

I got $65.00 for my 9.4 CGC copy about three weeks ago, book was swept away using BIN. I then thought I had priced it too cheaply, but the next day I bought a 9.6 for $45.00.... go figure confused.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are too many high grade (potential CGC 9.4-9.8) in longboxes of dealer stock for these books. I'm thinking of one buddy in particular who bought a store closeout inventory and picked up about a longbox of these for pennies. If he was close by, I'd pickout the 9.8's for him and post a couple every other week. But it is too risky for this book right now to sink grading fees into it. It is $20 raw at best in "NM" so why grade it unless it is a sure thing...

where did you read this?

In a print interview with Bryan Singer. He indicated that because of the combined salary demands of the lead actors (of whom Jackman is the only one signed for a third film) that it would be cost prohibitive for them to do a team movie next. So they planned on doing a Wolvie vehicle next, and then seeing what they wanted to do in the way of a team movie later...

I've got the interview at the shop... I'l try to remember to drag it home and give you some quotes from it...

That would frankly make sense... if they want to do a Wolverine-Sabertooth fight in the solo movie...

And besides... Tyler Mane was clearly the cheapest guy on the cast...

Even I have a couple of copies of this book. Should've sold it when it was hot a few years ago. Picked mine up for half off (so half of the 10 dollar price tags).

Brian

I know this has already been brought up, but if it is high grade I say sell it. True high grade Jim Lee X-Mens are always fairly hot on ebay. I am also going to be responding to a ton of modern threads in an effort to push that annoying valiantman/Joe C Valiants are better than sex/Valiants are specutrash books thread to the bottom of the modern comics part of this forum.