• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 67 in 9.6 on Ebay. Doesn't look right. Seller is comic-keys

42 posts in this topic

Here's something that I just noticed about his images...

When I scan comics, I use colored paper behind the books. I find that it helps bring out the cover colors and the edges are better defined than if you scanned against white (scanner cover closed) or black (scanner cover open). Comic keys also has colored backing in his images. Now, one thing I've noticed is that comic keys images always have a "drop-shadow" at the top edge of the book, suggesting the depth of the comic... makes sense, right? Thing is that every scanner I've ever seen scans top to bottom, not bottom to top. The shadow should be at the bottom of the book, not the top. Here's an example from one of my listings:

Shadow at bottom... DUH!

If you look in my store, you'll see shadows consistently at the bottom of every book... Which makes sense, because I don't Photoshop my scans.

Does comic keys scan all of his books upside down and then invert the images? That would be an awfully strange thing to do, but it's the only way you would end up with the shadow at the top, unless he's using some strange scanner that I've never heard of.

Here's something that I just noticed about his images...

When I scan comics, I use colored paper behind the books. I find that it helps bring out the cover colors and the edges are better defined than if you scanned against white (scanner cover closed) or black (scanner cover open). Comic keys also has colored backing in his images. Now, one thing I've noticed is that comic keys images always have a "drop-shadow" at the top edge of the book, suggesting the depth of the comic... makes sense, right? Thing is that every scanner I've ever seen scans top to bottom, not bottom to top. The shadow should be at the bottom of the book, not the top. Here's an example from one of my listings:

Shadow at bottom... DUH!

If you look in my store, you'll see shadows consistently at the bottom of every book... Which makes sense, because I don't Photoshop my scans.

Does comic keys scan all of his books upside down and then invert the images? That would be an awfully strange thing to do, but it's the only way you would end up with the shadow at the top, unless he's using some strange scanner that I've never heard of.

Far be it from me to defend this tool, but sometimes I put the book on the scanner upside down then flip the image 180 in the viewer. blush.gif

I did report it to eBay as a fraudulent listing along with the link provided by rob_react about comic-keys. We'll see what they say.

gossip.gif Check out my signature. I know a little about this seller. He's been reported to death. Believe me, if it did any good he wouldn't be selling on Ebay. Do you know how much money he makes for Ebay? They are in no hurry to let him go. Trust me on this. If you manage to get him into trouble with Ebay then you will have done what many, many people before have failed to.