• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolvermint, where's the scan?

17 posts in this topic

For the life of me I will never see why people make such a big deal about this book!!! It is the intro of a secondary character who has never really been a big draw on his own. If anything, I would be dumping this book now while I have the chance. Sure, the X-Men movie franchise is doing great, but Sabretooth was dropped for the second movie!!! Sure, he could be a major player in the third flick (the Wolvie movie) but for the type of money people are shelling out for this book you can get all sorts of great stuff (raw OR slabbed) that is a MUCH safer investment. Everyone always talks about diversity in the investment world, well I can think of ten books I can easily pick up in high grade for that type of cash, and the odds are better that this book dies a slow death than 10 different books all crashing.

What I can't understand is how this book recieved a 9.8????

Look at the cover roll. And the cutting on the right edge is

on the CCA box. This is a 9.8? Nice clean flat book, but the

cover roll, the off centering of the staples????9.8>>>>???

Not in this old blue hairs book.

MAYBE a 9.2 if it's snow white inside.

Common hammer, clue me in........ rantpost.gif

Started going up when all the speculation that Sabretooth may be Logan's father surfaced (and suggested in Wolverine #10). Since then, events have superceded this development but the comic is still coasting on the hype.

Jim

speaking of Wolverine 10... isn't that issue an "error" now?

Its credited as "First Fight with Sabretooth (before Wolverine had his claws)" ??????????

He apparently always had his "bone claws" (born with them?)... and as Origin revealed, he certainly had them at an early age. If so, how on Earth is it that in Wolverine 10, when he's clearly older, could he not use his bone claws at least vs. Sabretooth? If it was before he was laced with Adamantium, that's one thing, but as I recall, he did not have/use any claws in the battle and the credit seems to suggest that he had "No Claws" at all?

Could it be this issue is rendered inaccurate or did I miss something?

He was giving him a break? smirk.gif

Seriously though, it's just another major inconsistancy due to writers (or editors) not following continuity (which has become the norm for Marvel). Bringing back the Green Goblin confirmed for me that Marvel really didn't care about it's continuity anymore.

As far as Wolverine's continuity, he also shouldn't be able to be detected by electronic devices after "dying" in the Fall of the Mutants. Another factor convienently forgotten by Marvel..... mad.gif

Jim

He apparently always had his "bone claws" (born with them?)... and as Origin revealed, he certainly had them at an early age. If so, how on Earth is it that in Wolverine 10, when he's clearly older, could he not use his bone claws at least vs. Sabretooth? If it was before he was laced with Adamantium, that's one thing, but as I recall, he did not have/use any claws in the battle and the credit seems to suggest that he had "No Claws" at all?

You know when they came up with the bone claws, I always thought that it might be better if they were explained as his body and healing factor adapting to the loss of adamantium. Origin obviously squashed that idea.

Jim

After going back and reading some issues that I am rebagging/cataloging, I found many instances (Uncanny X-Men 165 for instance) where the writer refers to Wolverines claws as being controlled with bionic implants, which would imply that he was not, in fact, born with claws but that they were implanted by some secret group after he was found to have this infinite "regenerative" capability.

Just my 2 cents gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Interesting... BUT even still, I highly doubt that this secret group kidnapped James from his home as a child and implanted said device and returned him home without anoyone's knowledge. And, all prior to his "bone claws" and regenerative abilities being discovered.. even by himself.