• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for an artist.

195 posts in this topic

Out of all of them the best one is from Artboy99

Thanks for the feedback, want to go into more detail why you like his better? We are looking for any and all feedback.

Better designs,better anatomy, just better everything.

Okay everyone went to sleep so I took some time out to draw a sketch. I havent drawn anything in 15 years so here is my first sketch. I will have one with the character in full armor tomorrow. The proportions are slightly off and I didnt bother so much with the hands but just so you can get an idea. I tried to clean it up a little with an eraser but it was the wrong kind of an eraser so it looks messy.

drawing001.jpg

My scans are a bit large. Sorry. I'll just post a small amount and then link to the others. I don't have many inked. So keep that in mind. A lot of things look better when inked.

I thought I show the stuff even though it's not a "gritty" as some of the others. I can draw in a couple of styles; mostly Kirby-ish style (which isn't displayed as much in any of those scans).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/kingofrulers/bp.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/kingofrulers/Bunny.jpg

FFart.jpg

UncleSam.jpg

so far I have to agree with Kevin here.

want to go into more detail why you like his better?

I would like to see more of an atempt at depth and shaddow though...

I could really see these illustrations dip more into the feeling and mood of

"Heavy Metal" mag type of imagery.

Heavy Metal...

hail.gif

Greetings,

I would love the opportunity to sketch you something up....let me know some details of what you need..... I have been looking for an excuse to break out the drawing table again, been on a dry spell, however.........

Thanx

Jay Hinnerz

This thread has been a real breath of fresh air and enjoyable. It's great to see all the terrific artists we have here.

I used to draw quite a bit, but other than doodles now and then, my art skills are seriously lacking these days.

I wouldn't mind seing contest threads like this showcased here on the boards more often. Like someone picks out a subject matter and everyone gets so much time to put together some sketches/drawings and we pick a winner. I think it's cool and could give our fellow artists here a chance to practice and showcase their skills.

Keep up the great work guys!

My personal opinion is that the main character should not be as large as he is being drawn. he should be more like Achilles in Troy. I think that is the perfect model for your character.

Well there is actually 5 main Angels in this book, this is just 1 of them that I gave the description to the artist so far. The first drawing by Artboy99 actually fit one of the other angels better. If he had a crossbow in his hand it would fit the book just right.

This thread has been a real breath of fresh air and enjoyable. It's great to see all the terrific artists we have here.

I used to draw quite a bit, but other than doodles now and then, my art skills are seriously lacking these days.

I wouldn't mind seing contest threads like this showcased here on the boards more often. Like someone picks out a subject matter and everyone gets so much time to put together some sketches/drawings and we pick a winner. I think it's cool and could give our fellow artists here a chance to practice and showcase their skills.

Keep up the great work guys!

I was actually thinking about sending all of these great artist the description we have planned for the cover of the Novel. Then going with the feedback here and of course what the writer thinks. Picking the winner is tough this way so maybe seeing the actual cover will help. Winner would get art work on cover of Novel and $$ to be decided between us and them.

What ya all think??

We still havent seen all of the drawings yet I have at least 5 others that have told me they will be turning stuff in before the deadline.

So you sent different descriptions to each person?

No I sent the same description to everyone, but everyone interprets things differently. Some had more muscle some had less..Some made him look meaner than others.