• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First comic you ever read

32 posts in this topic

Chrom -

What about the "Peter Marchem Pedigree" Spidey??? You forgot to mention that. Don't worry, it is safe and sound as we speak! smile.gif

Chris

Well, first of all it's a magazine which some high roller has bought from me, and second of all...sssssssst I don't want to end up with concrete slippers 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893offtopic1.gif

Let's agree never to mention it again on an unsecure line shocked.gif

A Marvel Tales reprint of ASM #92(Iceman X-over). This was in the mid/Late 80's. I was 7 or 8, and I obviously didn't know it was a reprint. Then I picked up current ASM's, and I liked them, but I couldn't figure out why they were so different. I always prefered the reprint, which I guess explains why I'm into Silver/Early bronze now, even though I was an 80's kid. I will always have a soft spot for ASM #92. cloud9.gif

The first comics that I remember reading were Devil Kids featuring Hot Stuff and one of the Richie Rich comics. My aunt and uncle had a very well read stack of Harvey's in their rec. room.

The first ones I ever bought for collecting purposes were the Adventure comics featuring the Spectre (numbers 431 to 440). In fact, I still buy these up when I see them for good prices. One of those weird addiction / habit things. insane.gif

The first one I can remember reading was Marvel Team-Up #10. I read it at the barber shop waiting for a haircut when I was 8 or 9. I'm sure I had "read" some others before that but this is the first one that stuck. Imagine how psyched I was when I picked up a page of original art from that issue! 893applaud-thumb.gif

dave h

The first one I can remember reading was Marvel Team-Up #10.... Imagine how psyched I was when I picked up a page of original art from that issue!

One of my good friends from college lists MTU11 among his first five comics he bought, and owns all but 2 pages from the book. It's a good thing you didn't wait one more month to start reading comics... smile.gif

I can't remember what issue but it was a Archie Comic. which also happens to be the last comic I have read.... just the other day.

They say reading comic books can really work toward improving grammar skills, .....of course, blush.gif sitting in the back seat of that car would be a lot more fun.

HooDeeDoo, nice to meet a fellow mississippian. I haven't lived there in several years but was born and raised in Oxford. Cheers-H

I was born in Starkville but raised in Pennsylvania. All my relatives in Mississippi refer to me as the Yankee.

of course, sitting in the back seat of that car would be a lot more fun.

specially if its in Lucilles clean 55 Belair on the top of Blueberry Hill!