• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current Dare Devil (Is that one word)

7 posts in this topic

I am not a Dare Devil Fan. Never read the books even though I have a few. One the reco of someone (Props to Chris) I am going to pick up the last 10 or so issues. He said that since Bendis started working on that title it has been a good read. So tell me, which issues do I get? I want to start reading from where DD's ID is discovered to current. What issues are those?

-Jeremy-

I can't recall off the top of my head the issue numbers, but you should be able to walk into almost any comic shop and find on the shelf (or order) the Bendis TPB's (two or three of them out). I would recommend starting with the first Bendis issue (in his current run).

Funny thing, I’m not a DD fan or a Spider-Man fan, but I read DD and Ultimate Spider-Man because I enjoy reading Bendis. When he leaves those books I probably will also.

I would suggest beginning at #26. I know that's a lot of issues to catch up to #40, but it's where Bendis and Maleev take the story together. I realize that the "Out" story arc is priarily identified as only a few issues in that range, but honestly the entire story from #26 on is one long epic that continues to become more and more interesting to me.

But ou have to be "dialogue patient" to enjoy it. It's not interesting in the "slam-bang" way that Batman fights Superman; it's an intellectual story with some action along the way.

I'd also suggest the hardcover Trade, since it's a durable gorgeous book that'll still cost less than the individual comics, unless you want them for collectability as well as for reading.