• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly Forum Dinner

103 posts in this topic

I don't know about the law in Pennsylvania ,but in NY, a home poker game is perfectly legal.As long as the House is not charging an admission fee to join the game,or a percentage of any hands,money is allowed to be bet and won.

I think a party at Bs house is a fantastic idea.

Can we bring sleeping bags?

we'll see about the sleep over part. I really don't have space for too many people... and Greggy and Dave are already staying with me... best to make other arrangements... I am literally a very short cab ride away from downtown.

what are the chances you could make the dinner for 8pm? Me and my wife have to go to a wedding that day. My friend decided to have the wedding in Connecticut because his wifes family is there so I have to drive back and forth that day.

ron,

odds are the dinner will simply still be going. I can't start the dinner that late because the lag time is too great between the con and the close of the show. 7 PM is generally the time we start, but things will still be going at 8 pm, trust me.

Forum Dinner Details:

Okay, I will hold the forum dinner at my house. The whole problem is that unless everyone was up for paying some insane amount of $ for a private room, the resturaunts were principally booked. Thus the forum dinner will be a bit... different this year, and a bit more casual.

Where: My house, which is a ten minute cab ride from the convention center (I will PM exact address as I'm not posting it on the open forum)

When: June 3rd, Saturday at 7 PM

What will be served: For a cost of $25 a head, I will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, salads, probably some sort of baked ziti or lasagne, chips and other stuff as well as soda and beer (maybe wine, depends on what the budget looks like). You want anything else in the line of alcohol, bring it yourself.

Paypal: Please paypal me starting anytime now, as I need to get a head count by May 20th so I can adequately plan. I can't have 20 extra people show up last minute, it's just not feasible. I have adequate space in my backyard and downstairs, and I think you'll find that for about 30-40 people, it will be cozy, but nice. Please confirm via PM or in the thread here of your desire to attend, and I'll send you my paypal address and home address.

Further details to be posted here.

So far I know

DAM60

Greggy

Bronzebruce

FD and wife

Foolkiller

Mary Ann (friend of mine)

Gemma

Paul Litch

will be there... let's get the list going!

I'm going to PM to all the new update people late tonight and update the list. I'm not going to hunt people down this go around, because if it's small, I have no problem keeping it to 20 or 25 people... that'd be fine with me.

Cutoff is May 20th. At the time, I prefer you have paypal'd me, but at the very least, you must tell me that you are at least attending!