• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Own any 9.9's or 10.0's?

28 posts in this topic

I believe the reason there are no copies of Ultimate Spider-Man #1 higher than 9.8, is the fact that all of the books have a common production flaw. The front cover is folded in a way that about 1/32" of the first page is exposed along the entire right edge of the book. I've owned 10 copies of this book and they were all folded (or trimmed) this way.

So, we may never see a copy of this book graded higher than 9.8. I've still got a few copies to be graded, so fingers crossed. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I have a CGC 10.0 copy of Hulk 181 Ace edition (for sale smile.gif) and a couple CGC 9.9 copies from the 1982 Wolverine miniseries (#1 and #4). I also have 6 9.9 X-Men books from 113 to 186 and a CGC 10.0 copy of X-Men 197.

I have submitted some books that I was sure were better than 9.8...but they weren't grin.gif at least according to CGC.

I have a CGC 10.0 copy of Hulk 181 Ace edition (for sale smile.gif) and a couple CGC 9.9 copies from the 1982 Wolverine miniseries (#1 and #4). I also have 6 9.9 X-Men books from 113 to 186 and a CGC 10.0 copy of X-Men 197.

I have submitted some books that I was sure were better than 9.8...but they weren't grin.gif at least according to CGC.

Where were you a few months ago when I was selling my X-Men #211 CGC 9.9 ? 893naughty-thumb.gif I also submitted the only ASM #238 CGC 9.9 (along with a couple of 9.8's), and they all had a 1/32 inch spine stress as the only flaw. I don't think there is much of a distinction between 9.8 & 9.9, although a 10.0 should have no flaws visible to the naked eye with the book at arm's length IMO. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The only 9.9 I own is the one and only copy of Powers v2 #1 in the census. I don't own any 10.0's yet. How about you guys?

I own one X-Men (305) in 10.0, 7 in 9.9, and about 250 in 9.8.

I have Hulk Grey #5 in CGC 9.4, 9.6, 9.8, 9.9 and 10.0 . I bought these as grading help, and no, I can't see any difference at all between the last 3.

Of course, you could also say that you have to scan internals to get a 100% perfect copy, but if you do that yourself your bound to knock it down a grade or 2 - 27_laughing.gif