• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink and Pedigree selling the same book- NEW INFO FROM SELLER

110 posts in this topic

I don't see the problem either, except that I'm the type who actually reads the silly little rules and tries to follow them . . . insane.gif

You should know by now that Ethics and Comics do NOT mix. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I don't see the problem with listing it on two sites. As long as when it sells on one he pulls it from the other.

That's all it is. I have seen this happen many times before, both sites are consignment based so I don't see the problem. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't see the problem either, except that I'm the type who actually reads the silly little rules and tries to follow them . . . insane.gif

Simple solution...don't bid on the book. makepoint.gif

A related situation.

Some on the board may remember the Pacific Coast #21 9.4 on ebay. Yes the one that was pressed by Doug then resubmitted to get the same 9.4 grade. I won that book on ebay about a month ago and it is now in my possesion. Pedigree still has A PC Avengers #21 9.4 listed on the site. It has a different cgc number but I think that is the old slab. I don't think that there is more than one of these.

That is the problem with having a book listed on more than one site. Procrastination, poor communication, and other variables such as these can cause problems or at least some disapointed buyers.

It is the same book. And it is the old slab up on Pedigree. That book with that CGC number no longer exists. It has been removed from the Census.

Can someone give me an "OY!"?

Red

"OY"

Maybe Pedigree should remove it. The current bid is $450. Maybe the person that placed that bid should contact me.

There is no maybe about it, the book should be removed.

I don't have a poblem with a book that is "available" being listed in more than one place. But as soon as the book has been sold, the seller should make sure the book has been removed from them all.

"OY"

Maybe Pedigree should remove it. The current bid is $450. Maybe the person that placed that bid should contact me.

There is no maybe about it, the book should be removed.

I don't have a poblem with a book that is "available" being listed in more than one place. But as soon as the book has been sold, the seller should make sure the book has been removed from them all.

My point exactly. You can't depend on sellers to ship on time much less follow up on every auction site they have their books listed. So in order to do have a good service the moderaters of the auction site need to have rules in place and police them. But hey, when was service ever important.

"OY"

I wouldn't worry too much, the bid was probably placed over a year ago. I just got a notice from Pedigree that a bid had changed on a Kull book. I was completely puzzled why I received this info. I guess it was because eons ago, I had put a bid on it that never got accepted. Do these bids ever fall off?

I noticed both Pedigree and Comic Link seem to have this knack for keeping your prior bid posted FOREVER! Even if it did not get accepted or responded too. Is there a way of removing these? I mean, there is still a $90 bid from me for a book on Pedigree that I have long since obtained (for much cheaper) and it's stupid for it to still be there as it was rejected many many moons ago.

I noticed both Pedigree and Comic Link seem to have this knack for keeping your prior bid posted FOREVER! Even if it did not get accepted or responded too. Is there a way of removing these? I mean, there is still a $90 bid from me for a book on Pedigree that I have long since obtained (for much cheaper) and it's stupid for it to still be there as it was rejected many many moons ago.

I'm assuming they leave the bids up there to feign current interest in the book? confused-smiley-013.gif

Very misleading. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'm assuming they leave the bids up there to feign current interest in the book? confused-smiley-013.gif

Service?

Ethics?

Does either exist?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Service?

Ethics?

Does either exist?

confused-smiley-013.gif

They do, but not in high enough quantities. crazy.gif

My view is that when you do find a seller with a high degree of both, reward them by being a repeat customer. thumbsup2.gif

You should know by now that Ethics and Comics do NOT mix. 893naughty-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif doh !

I heard this rumor 3rd hand and I have no proof but I heard Pedigree and Comiclink are owned by a holding company out of Oregon....... blush.gif

OK. That's it.

I quit! makepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif

I was under the erroneos assumption that ComicLink had the books in hand from sellers. Just to clarify, I do not think there is anything unethical by listing it on multiple sites but I did not think ComicLink would have allowed it on Pedigree or vice versa. I am sure that neither Doug nor Josh are thrilled to have cross listed comics.