• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink and Pedigree selling the same book- NEW INFO FROM SELLER

110 posts in this topic

Gee, I wonder if there is a problem here -

ComicLink X-Men 20 9.6 CGC #0109408043

Same X-Men 20 , same certification number

I was looking at the issue on Comiclink and the poor scan looked familiar. ComicLink did not have the certification number so I emailed them asking for the certification number. It was added to the site about a week later and sure enough, it matches the one on Pedigree. Obviously, Doug and Josh are not aware of it and I wonder how something like this can happen. So what are the possibilities here?

- The seller listed it with both sites? How is that possible? I thought Josh and Doug had most of the books in hand?

- The seller just pulled the certification number from Doug's site?

- Somebody is scamming?

If it is listed on both sites and it is legit, it really kills the business for Josh's Ny customers. Since I live in NY , why would I want to spend the extra 8.625%?

If it is listed on both sites and it is legit, it really kills the business for Josh's Ny customers. Since I live in NY , why would I want to spend the extra 8.625%?

...and it kills the biz for Smells Fla. customers who will buy on Link to avoid Fla. tax. It all evens out in the end.

I don't see the problem with listing it on two sites. As long as when it sells on one he pulls it from the other.

Well, I don't know about Doug, but Josh's requires any listing to be exclusive in his listing agreement with you . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Otherwise, I'd be listing my books everywhere, and first-come, first-serve . . . insane.gif

I don't see the problem with listing it on two sites. As long as when it sells on one he pulls it from the other.

Well, I don't know about Doug, but Josh's requires any listing to be exclusive in his listing agreement with you . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Otherwise, I'd be listing my books everywhere, and first-come, first-serve . . . insane.gif

Then list away. Josh only requires that you not list elsewhere AT A LESSER PRICE.

Actually, if you look, I believe you will see Comiclink and Metropolis have some of the same books as well.

"Gambling!?! in this establishment? I'm shocked and dismayed . . . "

gossip.gif Round up the usual suspects . . . 27_laughing.gif

Then list away. Josh only requires that you not list elsewhere AT A LESSER PRICE.

NM - you must not be one of the lawyers around here . . . 27_laughing.gif

5) No exclusive required. This option allows the seller to hold the listed items on his or her premises while listing them on ComicLink. Because we only want you to benefit from listing your items with ComicLink, you are not prohibited from selling listed items yourself. There are a few rules, however (see the requirements below).

6) All Inclusive Option. If you are interested in consigning books with ComicLink, and the books are significantly valuable and have already been or will be graded by CGC, you can send the books to us and we will do the scanning and listing for you! We will then hold them at our location to ship off to buyers as the books sell, instead of you having to ship them to us one at a time. If you need expert pricing advice, or would like us to do the pricing for you, we will also provide that for you. All this, for no extra charge! If you are interested, email us a list of comic books you propose to send with "Seller Option #1 All Inclusive Option" in the subject field, and we review the list and send you a prompt response. Before sending the email, please make sure you have registered and applied to be a seller already by clicking the "sell" tab at the top of the web site and filling out the short seller registration form.

Requirements

1) In order to qualify for this option, the seller must be able to grade accurately by Overstreet grading standards or have their books certified by CGC.

2) If any listed item is no longer available in the future, you must immediately delete it from the ComicLink database (you can do this from your ComicTrack section). This is necessary in order to keep the listings current.

3) Items cannot be available for sale via any auction or other 3rd party site at the same time as they are listed on ComicLink.

NM - you must not be one of the lawyers around here . . . 27_laughing.gif

5) No exclusive required. This option allows the seller to hold the listed items on his or her premises while listing them on ComicLink. Because we only want you to benefit from listing your items with ComicLink, you are not prohibited from selling listed items yourself. There are a few rules, however (see the requirements below).

6) All Inclusive Option. If you are interested in consigning books with ComicLink, and the books are significantly valuable and have already been or will be graded by CGC, you can send the books to us and we will do the scanning and listing for you! We will then hold them at our location to ship off to buyers as the books sell, instead of you having to ship them to us one at a time. If you need expert pricing advice, or would like us to do the pricing for you, we will also provide that for you. All this, for no extra charge! If you are interested, email us a list of comic books you propose to send with "Seller Option #1 All Inclusive Option" in the subject field, and we review the list and send you a prompt response. Before sending the email, please make sure you have registered and applied to be a seller already by clicking the "sell" tab at the top of the web site and filling out the short seller registration form.

Requirements

1) In order to qualify for this option, the seller must be able to grade accurately by Overstreet grading standards or have their books certified by CGC.

2) If any listed item is no longer available in the future, you must immediately delete it from the ComicLink database (you can do this from your ComicTrack section). This is necessary in order to keep the listings current.

3) Items cannot be available for sale via any auction or other 3rd party site at the same time as they are listed on ComicLink.

Right you are. Josh once called me because I had a book listed on my site at a slightly lower price than I had listed the book on his site, so I figured that was the only exception.

I wonder how he feels about me listing them in my eBay store, which is fixed price, and not an auction?

I see this all the time.

I never thought a lot about it, but that's interesting that CLink does not allow the book to be on sale via third party or auction. I guess he doesn't check other sites that often or doesn't enforce it that much.

Maybe the reason I got a phone call -today as a matter of fact- was a result of a book being listed on two sites. I received a call from Comiclink today to inform me that they received my payment fro a book I purchased OK (over a week ago) but the seller could not find the book. I was then offered free shipping on another purchase if there was something else I wanted.

Needless to say I am a little disapointed. I hate to think that someone would just misplace a silver age pedigree. Maybe it was sellers remorse - He did accept a pretty low price. Or maybe it was listed and sold on another site.

That's all it is. I have seen this happen many times before, both sites are consignment based so I don't see the problem. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's all it is. I have seen this happen many times before, both sites are consignment based so I don't see the problem. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't see the problem either, except that I'm the type who actually reads the silly little rules and tries to follow them . . . insane.gif

I don't see the problem either, except that I'm the type who actually reads the silly little rules and tries to follow them . . . insane.gif

And you taught me something. Thanks. hi.gif