• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 CGC Registry and Message Board Awards

33 posts in this topic

Why is it that CGC chooses to reward the people who have spent the most money on slabs (i.e. Ghost Town, Capt. Tripps)?

Because it suits their business model.

Here's a newsflash: CGC brass are not holding this contest out of the goodness of their hearts. 893whatthe.gif

Why is it that CGC chooses to reward the people who have spent the most money on slabs (i.e. Ghost Town, Capt. Tripps)?

Because it suits their business model.

Here's a newsflash: CGC brass are not holding this contest out of the goodness of their hearts. 893whatthe.gif

What a no-brainer on your part to realize that CGC is doing this to entice people to get their books slabbed in order to compete for the registry awards. Did you think of that on your own or did you have help with it?

Everyone realizes that. The point is, why doesn't CGC realize this? Do they realize they are that transparent?

Did you think of that on your own or did you have help with it?

Hey, you asked the original question, not me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Here's another tip: If you want a specific question answered, stop beating around the bush and just ask it.

Did you think of that on your own or did you have help with it?

Hey, you asked the original question, not me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Here's another tip: If you want a specific question answered, stop beating around the bush and just ask it.

If I wanted a specific question answered I wouldn't expect you to answer it. You seem to thrive on being a nuisance. Perhaps you would like to mention how you don't buy moderns either, since that seems to be your rallying cry these days. Or better yet perhaps you could bemoan another comic book movie. Either way, this is the second time you have seen fit to attack my posts. I really don't appreciate your sarcasm or bitter attitude. Perhaps if you don't have anything constructive or positive to say, you shouldn't post at all.

Greggy has a really killer set of DC 100 Pagers and Swamp Things...so, I would have to say Greggy has a good shot at Bronze Age Category.

Don't forget Bill Hughes' Conan run. That's an impressive set too.

I'm just bummed that I won't be able to add my sets to the registry by then. Of coarse, not that it would matter. I don't have anything comparable to either of those two, but it would have been neat to put in what I do have.

Like I said, you asked the original question, so why not punch yourself in the head, rather than taking your anger out on me.
Here's an original question for you to answer; why do you continue to be negative about the hobby and those in it, instead of finding some other hobby?

Gee, i really am looking forward to your "honest" answer.

It's weird. As much as I enjoy posting my books here in the forums, I have no desire to put together a registry set.

See, I actually like it. It's neat to compare with others who have similar collecting interests and see what they have that you don't and vice versa.

I've already made a new friend from entering my Tarzans and we just completed a nice deal on some Novas from that interaction.

I kind of wish more people participated, cause I know some of the best collections out there aren't in here. But, I understand and respect those who don't wish to partake in the regisrty.

Here's an original question for you to answer; why do you continue to be negative about the hobby and those in it, instead of finding some other hobby?

I'm far from negative about the comic collecting hobby, and am very positive (though sometimes aggressive) and provide real input when talking about actual hobby topics.

But the dealer, speculation, CGC flipping, funny book investing, over-priced Moderns, etc. part of the "comic book business" I hold a very dim view of, but that's not really part of the "hobby" per se, and is more the seamy underbelly of the business side of things.