• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another quiz (WITH PRIZE) ??????

3 posts in this topic

Please review this Green Lantern art proof.

Green Lantern

The contest is: Was this image ever used in a Green Lantern (or associated book) and if so what was the Title, Number and page.

For the first to identify (assuming it can be) a book associated with their main collecting interest will be forwarded as a thankyou (Marvellites do not be concerned I actually do own some).

I'm not certain because I can't find the card sheet to verify, but back in the late 80s, DC put out some 3-pack comics for the WalMart market, reprints of 3 successive issues, for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and maybe a couple others. In each 3-pack was a piece of cardboard. The top part was the header that told you what you were buying and the price. Below were 6 ( I think) uncut trading cards printed on the cardboard depicting various DC heroes and villains. I believe there were 18 in all, so you needed to buy all the 3 packs to get a set.

Anyway this art looks like it may have been from this set. The artist appears to be J.L. Garcia-Lopez.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only if you know for certain. smile.gif