• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wouldn't it be Cool if all these Superhero movies had "Cross-overs"??
2 2

51 posts in this topic

Here's an idea...

Wouldn't it be cool if the "powers that be" behind every superhero film could envision a bigger picture in which all the Marvel Movies could be linked together with the use of character crossovers... thus creating a larger, less isolated Marvel Movie Universe? I think X-Men, Spider-man and DD have all missed a great opportunity so far. Crossing other heroes (even briefly) into the main movie could help in so many ways. Giving a little more punch to the main movie while helping promote the other "cameo hero's" upcoming movie, not to mention creating serious intrigue in the minds of the viewers for pending sequels.

For instance.. would you have like to see a brief scene in the X-men movie in which Wolverine was scowling at a TV report that has brief footage of the Hulk battling some mysterious white creature in Canada, (or maybe just ripping into a small town) etc? The special effects and investment could have been simple and minimal (maybe using existing footage)... just enough to let people know Hulk is in this world and in the mix of things.

..or wouldn't it have been neat in the Spidey movie if there was a scene with Daredevil briefly? Maybe the two accidentally swinging by one another? or just Attorney Matt Murdock "tip tapping" around town with his cane and stopping to consider Peter Parker as if he knew something was unusual about him? Maybe non/newbie collectors don't notice it, but we do. A little more substance and detail for us long time collectors.

I know they could do it with a little cooperation, forethought and creativity as to not screw up any timelines, etc. It could also lead to a Secret Wars type "Multi-Hero" story line that maybe becomes a Trilogy... all the while the individual character's movies still continue... just like the comics wink.gif

I realize there would be some problems accomplishing this, but we know they could do it if they were so motivated, so let's try and keep the discussion positive rather than dwell too much on the red tape that would need to be cut for this to happen.

Also... If DC gets it's Movies going again... there could be "cross publisher crossovers" too!! How about a Hulk vs Superman short before X-men 2... the rematch before Green Lantern the Movie? wink.gif

"so let's try and keep the discussion positive rather than dwell too much on the red tape that would need to be cut for this to happen."

.........a hard thing to do..........the fact of the matter is that all the characters rights and licences are owned by different movie studios, so the chances of any cros-overs happening are slim to zero................ frown.gif

.......having said that, it would be great to see some of the marvel characters crossing over on the big screen............

.........wolverine vs. the hulk would be a doozy.......... grin.gif

.........it would also be cool to see another marvel hero appear in a future spider-man film.............to have spidey kick his butt.............. shocked.gif

Had to go straight there, eh? smirk.gif

I believe they could find a way to make a deal regardless... especially if both sides realize they could benefit. One cross-over given, gets a cross-over in turn down the road. They are businessmen and money is the main motivation. I can't imagine why they couldn't see the obvious benefit... with little investment. It would serve them well to create a combined hero universe... maybe I'm naive dreamer...but wouldn't it be grand!!! cool.gif

Did you see the Wall Street Journal today (also repeated on the Channel 11 local

news here in New York) about SpongeBob's huge fan base in the gay community?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but very interesting...

....actually, if the film studio's do get their acts together and cross-over characters, i would really love to see an avengers movie...................maybe battling the masters of evil.................... grin.gif

.............seriously high budget special-effects required................ shocked.gif

Damn Gene! Was that some sort of Low Blow grin.gif nyuk... nyuk

I could care less if I was the only fan... Spongebob is cool!

I watch with my 2 daughters everytime I get a chance. I love the "cursing" episode!! grin.gif

What about a contribution Gene? or do you want to find a new topic to torture us with... more talk of how our collections are going to be just chunks of plastic? tongue.gif

Actually Iron Man could make a great movie by himself...with the Vision, Thor, Giantman, Wasp and Cap (maybe Beast) the Avengers could make an awesome visual... then again so could the Defenders or even the Champions! Imagine the Champions on the big screen Ghost Rider and Iceman, that could be an effects challenge.

The thing is, it would be cool for comic book fans, but for the average moviegoer (who the movie is being marketed to) would have no idea why Wolvieis scowling at the hulk/wendigo fight. So, yeah, cool idea but it will never happen.

Although there have been rumors of Batman Vs. Superman movie.

The thing is, it would be cool for comic book fans, but for the average moviegoer (who the movie is being marketed to) would have no idea why Wolvieis scowling at the hulk/wendigo fight. So, yeah, cool idea but it will never happen.

Although there have been rumors of Batman Vs. Superman movie.

I'm not sure what the percentages are between "Comic-aware" and "Comic-oblivious" movie-goers, but I would think that even if the "Comic-oblivious" group didn't get it... they would in turn be intrigued and maybe ask questions of their "Comic-aware" friends, or just scratch their heads and move on. Maybe it compells them to see the Hulk movie possibly to find out... even if that movie does not follow up with it. I'll agree that the cameo woud have to be inserted in such a way that does not confuse the story for those indivduals, but I can't see it being a negative if some don't understand. Even though some of the writing on the Simpsons is geared towards the adults... it does not seem to hinder my kids enjoyment of it and there may be even be more material percentage wise that they don't get. You see "inside jokes" or "in-the-know-references" not intended for the majority viewer, in other films like Shrek and other Disney flicks for instance.

I recognize it would take effort to coordinate the cameo appearnces but I still feel it would be a mutually beneficial strategy for all the studios to unite the Marvel Movie Universe, even in a small way. I don't recall if ever there was a series of movies linked with one another quite like this.

In a way it's like Norman Lear's TV series'... many linked with one another in a big TV Universe... All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Maude, Good Times, Florence with TV crossovers.

Does anyone remember the scene in the last Predator movie with Danny Glover, were towards the end of the movie he discovers the predator's trophy room full of skulls from different hunts.

Did anyone catch the Alien's skull hanging on the wall?

YES! I noticed that! Didn't DarkHorse have an Aliens vs. Predator comic?? I sorta' remember a cover.

Anyway, I love that!... tying them into the same universe... that movie would be cool, but the "Aliens" better have more than they've show thus far or their history wink.gif

I think the last Fridaty the 13th movie I saw had Freddie Krueger (sp?) dragging Jason into hell at a junk yard... another cool and unexpected cross–over.

Do you think it's doable in the comic movies?

The thing is, it would be cool for comic book fans, but for the average moviegoer ...

I think you'll hit all audiences if you crossed over with the ladies of Top Cow! Worship the Cow!!! MOO!

Before CGC, I used to peddle these books and I still have plenty to put out there if I ever found the time. Darkness is definitely a comic to movie potential and I wish they had picked someone a bit hotter, and closer to Michael Turner's visual depiction of the Witchblade, instead of a "manly" actress, who can act, but doesn't look the part... Denise Richards comes to mind as my Witchblade....Eliza Dusku or Jennifer Love Hewitt as Fathom/Tombraider as well!

That could "blow them" all away if you got the right actresses... or an entire year of Playmayes grin.gif

Maybe they should link all the serial killers together and have a movie with all of them in a jail cell. Lecter vs. Dahmer in a Human Cook-Off!!! Bundy vs. Son of Sam in Twister!!!