• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Page - Sean Philips

5 posts in this topic

Just picked it up from the PO. Sleeper (Season 1) Issue 3 Page 5. Features one of my favorite characters, Miss Misery.

PhillipsSleeper3PG5.jpg

I really like this page. It shows a lot of the artist's craft with blue pencil and something that I think is blue marker, which I hadn't seen before, and a little correcto tape and you can really see the difference in inking tools between brushes and nibs. I'm very pleased, and I think a new addicition is starting. Big ups to Mark Hay from Splashpage, who I met at WW Dallas last fall, which was the first time I ever really looked at a large selection of art at once. He even got it signed for me by Philips at a recent con.

Good stuff! Mark Hay is really easy to deal with - a great choice for your first piece of art!

Yup, Mark is easy to deal with and a Phillips Sleeper page can't be beat. Mine (Holden, Miss Misery and Genocide Jones) is easily one of my favorite pages.

I like Sean's stuff but the heavy blueline and his incessant use of Sharpie drives me nuts. I have seen up close all of the SP pages Mark has. There are several pieces of his stuff I would have taken but the overall quality makes me sick.

BTW, Mark is indeed a great guy. It's always worth checking out his site on a regular basis... http://www.splashpageart.com