• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a Book I Wouldn't Mind Having Restored..

15 posts in this topic

It is a nice book.

I will be interested to see how high the bidding goes. Based on the lmited description the seller gives on the restoration, it is a "rebuilt" book (i.e. pieces missing are replaced).

If this book gets close to $3K then it will get around the same amount as a true VF with a "very small amount of color touch".

The question is which should go for more?

Can you see the notes? If you can, you should be one heck of a grader.

While I'm not sure, I would expect the book to have been reglossed. To me, once you get to moderate restoration, you are talking about a "rebuilt" book. Doesn't mean its not nice, but once you start to rebuild books, then almost all books should look VF/NM as the restorer mine as well fix all the defects.

I can't read her handwriting..but it's been clean/pressed (the intrusive kind where you take the cover off and soak it in the solvent stuff), filled (evidentally there were some marvel chips?), spine roll removed (pressing again), and "mending"? Not sure what that is..

Brian

What I can see:

COVER

-Solvent bath

-Dry clean (erasure only)

-Wash/????Flatten

-Mending

-Filling

-Color impainting (acrylic)

-Pressing

INTERIOR

-Spine roll removal/pressing

No one has respond to my question (I think I posed a question).

What shoul sell for more, this book (and we will assume CGC will grade it a restored NM-) or a CGC restored VF with a "small color touch"?

What shoul sell for more, this book (and we will assume CGC will grade it a restored NM-) or a CGC restored VF with a "small color touch"?

Restored is restored. The moment it goes beyond wonderbread and a clean and press who gives a damn. Purple is purple. NM- will sell for more.

I see your point. I think what should sell for more is a VF with only a small color touch than a NM- with the restoration done to that Hulk. The VF is inherently a higher grade to start with and there is no need for any corrective or reinforcing measures to be taken.