• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 9.0? Really?

13 posts in this topic

I see what you are saying. That is an older label and they were a little off back then. The sharpness of the book as well as the centering off-set the stress marks so they gave it a 9.0. If they follow the point system count down the stress marks to see what grade you get. I count 6 and that would bring it to a 9.0 as long as everything else is perfect on the book which it looks.

Make sure you dont buy it though because you will never like it.

I wasn't planning on purchasing that book. I did buy two other CGCs from this seller and saw that one while browsing.

Once my books arrive - Brave and Bold 119 in 9.2 and Batman 195 in 7.5 - my collection of CGC books will have doubled! (But I'll no longer have only 9.4 CGCs)

maybe in the many years it has been encased it got bounced around a bit?

yup, the stresses are to color breaking and apparent in my mind to still be a 9.0, but if you look at technical definitions, it's probably allowed.

Methinks there is some optical misinterpretational artifacts from the image duplication device... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ahhh...

That explains it. smirk.gif

Thats never a VF/NM book; credit the seller for providing a decent sized scan.

I imagine you don't get to 1452 feedback with 100% positive by cheating people. His big, clear scans are a definite plus. Now I'm waiting to see how fast (and well) he ships!

Following up on my last post, I'm very happy with the seller:

Big clear scans.

Quick shipping.

Great communication including an email when he shipped the books.

Well packaged in bubble wrap and a priority mail box.

I'd buy from him again.