• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a recommendation for a GA Cap America

6 posts in this topic

I'm getting promoted at work and will finally have an office of my own so I want to put up some art at work. I still have to be conscious of what I put up so thought it would be fun to commission a piece that had something from my industry in it. The idea that I had was to have a GA style piece with Captain America stomping on a competitors store as he battles the bad guy. I'm having a hard time deciding who the villian should be in the pic. I would love to have Red Skull, but don't think he would be appropriate for work. Any ideas?

I also need to find an artist that can pull of a GA Cap that isn't going to cost $1k. Recommendations?

Baron Zemo always comes to mind for Cap villains. I'd get Mike Zeck to do it as he was doing Cap when I was younger and I always thought he did a bang up job of Cap (although he's not GA).

Zeck is $1k inked though, maybe try Don Perlin for that Invaders-type look? As fun as Cap is, perhaps (if the goal is in the 'stomping') a Godzilla/Shogun piece would be fun? For that go to Trimpe, although I don't know what his prices are.

How about a Cap with Black Widow?

It would make a nice contrast to Cap and his colorful costume. If it's for work, you might have to suggest they tone done the "anatomy" a bit on BW.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'd love Black Cat, but it would be hard to tame her physique enough to make her appropriate. What do you guys think of having Dr. Doom as the villian? He's not GA, but it could still make a fun piece.