• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB funny books for the kids

11 posts in this topic

RONM had a good idea for the kids, so send him your pooh and casper books....

No raggy copies as RONM stated, but I'm ok with well read/loved VG's.

Thanks for any help in advance on this one....

I've been giving my kids books as they ask, but my wife has indicated, and she's correct, that spiderman, superman, and others are not necessarily the best for my 4 and 6 year old. I've given them some dennis the menace, but now my boy thinks it's a training manual.

I'd like to purchase a group of lower grade inexpensive VG range gold key, harvey, etc. for the kids. I have some in my collection that I give them as I find them, normally 12cent to 20 cent covers in low grade, but they are insatiable asking for new books daily. They each have about 20 books right now. I'm not looking for valuable, key issues, or anything of great value, just a nice grouping so they can experience the different characters out there. A wide variety of characters is best.

Some I can think of for example

little monsters

aristocats

scooby

hot stuff

casper

wendy

Nighmare the horse

Stumbo

richie rich

little lotta

disney types

When shipping to me, I'd like the packages addressed to my kids so they can experience opening the package and getting mail. I will find you if you put something inappropriate in the box though. Please no faust, dark superhero, etc. campy superhero would be ok.

Thanks again,

PM with quantity and price.

Collin (comicdey)

I've been giving my kids books as they ask, but my wife has indicated, and she's correct, that spiderman, superman, and others are not necessarily the best for my 4 and 6 year old.

Now we know who wears the trousers in your house! tongue.gif

Please no faust

27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

RONM had a good idea for the kids, so send him your pooh and casper books....

No raggy copies as RONM stated, but I'm ok with well read/loved VG's.

When shipping to me, I'd like the packages addressed to my kids so they can experience opening the package and getting mail.

Collin (comicdey)

I do the same thing all packages are addressed to my daughter. She is always looking to see if her name is on the box. She gets very excited and starts to dance when a priority box is addressed to her. I love to watch her.

I've been giving my kids books as they ask, but my wife has indicated, and she's correct, that spiderman, superman, and others are not necessarily the best for my 4 and 6 year old.

Now we know who wears the trousers in your house! tongue.gif

Please no faust

27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

I gave my boy a New Teen Titans 24, ASM in the 150's (one specifically with the football them with guns galore), lsome jimmy olsen, superman, flash, GL, donald duck, etc. and she politely requested that I find some other books to temper their reading experience. 27_laughing.gif I have to agree with her....Donald can be a bit violent.

For a 6 year old, his books are typically about 5 times his age. I know the first time I saw a 12 cent comic, I was amazed......I started purchasing the 15-20 cent era.

Thanks to all who have PM'd me regarding kid reader issues.

I've had one generous board member offer to send a package gratis, and many others take the time to make lists. Hopefully I can seal the deal on those two larger groups of books 20+ and that should be enough to keep my kids in kid comics for a while.

Thanks again,

Collin