• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman/Shazam First Thunder

14 posts in this topic

I don't know if there is a thread on this already. Don't know who read this but I finally got around to finishing it out. Wasn't too impressed with the most of the series but the last book was pretty decent. Captain Marvel comes off more like a kid in a Super Hero's body. So, in the end characterization(sp?) was pretty good. the art was more like something you see in an animated TV show. I hope, that future Captain Marvel books will have more character development. Perhaps, Cap will be able to step up to the plate. grin.gif

The only 'Cap' is Captain America, you know. So maybe we should just call Captain Marvel 'Marv', or maybe 'Shazam'. Would avoid some confusion. grin.gifpoke2.gif

May Schomburg's ghost deny you the pleasure of never owning another Captain America comic. :flaming: grin.gif

I think so. And again, I can understand why you walked away. It took 3 issues to have one decent one. On the bright side just caught up on Justice. And I am extremely happy. cloud9.gif I am so going to find a way to get that Captain Marvel OA. grin.gif

I enjoyed it, and look forward to any new positive Captain Marvel stories, even if he is the #1 Superman Back-up.

Captain Marvel is the only "Cap" in the universe.

Hmm...

How would a "Cap vs Cap" turn out?

I enjoyed it, and look forward to any new positive Captain Marvel stories, even if he is the #1 Superman Back-up.

Hmm...

Sales wise? No contest, CA wins hands down yay.gif

I liked all four issues and I don't normally buy DC books. Maybe I liked it because I don't normally buy DC books and didn't have any preconceived notions or expectations?

Hmm...

Sales wise? No contest, CA wins hands down yay.gif

Huhha! Nice one! thumbsup2.gif

I love CA, but I just have a sentimental place in my heart for CM

I liked all four issues and I don't normally buy DC books. Maybe I liked it because I don't normally buy DC books and didn't have any preconceived notions or expectations?

Perhaps you are right, I usually expect a mini to be stellar through out. It was so-so the first 3 then great at the end. So, I should be happy that it wasn't a complete suck-fest.