• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here be man enough to attend Super-Con, Oakland?

91 posts in this topic

That's a jaw-dropping line-up, at least as good as any of the major shows.

I have to say I'm feeling a bit more optimistic. Had a quick chat with Scott Armstrong (the dealer liasion, etc.) the other day and it really seems like a lot of the little details have been done this time around that weren't done last time. (Though the dealer info sheet about set-up etc. is later than last year--still haven't received mine.)

I'm pleased to see that Super-Con is in the free Things to do Around Town type listings. It's in CBG which seriously is the first time in year's I've seen a Steve Wyatt show listed there. Someone is posting info on Craig's List about the show. All the little things that you'd expect to be done. Excellent.

Even better, it looks like all the area shops got free Super-Con passes for Free Comic Book Day. VERY COOL! thumbsup2.gif

Hopefully they'll get the Oakland Tribune to do a story, etc.

Marc

Bring your baseball glove. Were only 2 aisles apart and facing each other. I have a mean curve ball.

-Chris

Let's see, I'm scheduled to make two starts before the weekend so yeah, I'm supposed to do long toss on the 20th in-between starts. Works for me. headbang.gif

Considering that Motor City is the same weekend, I wonder if they'll be filling the second set of dealer islands. Very impressive dealer turnout last time but with the conflict we won't be seeing national con dealers like Beerbohm, Harley, Graham Crackers, Redbeard, etc.

Marc

More room for home runs dude. Maybe no one will show up and I can snag a huge artist again for a commission and then he won't be able to do a piece for the charity auction and people somehere may starve as a result! blush.gif Just like last time.

Is anyone interested in a dinner on Saturday? Oakland or San Francisco? confused-smiley-013.gif

Didn't I ask this already? poke2.gif

Jeff- I am leaving for SF on Thursday morning, pm me before that.......

FFB (Scott), Liz and I are probably getting together for dinner Saturday evening. If anyone want to come we need to know, as we need a head count to make reservations.

FFB (Scott), Liz and I are probably getting together for dinner Saturday evening. If anyone want to come we need to know, as we need a head count to make reservations.

I'm in. Jimm94 will probably be in as well.

I'm in. Do I bring the Tar or the feathers this time stooges.gif

Isn't that resto? If so, do I have to disclouse I have been tar and feathered and then had it removed? poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

Looking forward to seeing you! thumbsup2.gif

I'm in. Do I bring the Tar or the feathers this time stooges.gif

Isn't that resto? If so, do I have to disclouse I have been tar and feathered and then had it removed? poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

Looking forward to seeing you! thumbsup2.gif

Only if the tar and feathers were pressed on to you without disassebling your ponytail. But hey I'm all for an experiment, have Nelson or Friesen bring the tacking Iron, we'll hold you down and see how many defects we can remove and then paint you Purple, or is that Blue? devil.gif

Considering that Motor City is the same weekend, I wonder if they'll be filling the second set of dealer islands. Very impressive dealer turnout last time but with the conflict we won't be seeing national con dealers like Beerbohm, Harley, Graham Crackers, Redbeard, etc.

Marc

have i ever been to a show that harley hasn't done? has harley ever not done a show- conflict or otherwise? i suspect we'll see evidence of human cloning and harley will be there.

I'm not going to be at the Con both days, just Saturday... but we're in for dinner (Shin and Lisa) The moms (yes, Mother's day was last week.) thing we had scheduled for Sat fell through to Sunday.

I need to drop off a massive CGC order anyway on Saturday... devil.gif

Anybody who can help me pre-screen like TOMORROW (Friday), let me know! thumbsup2.gif (I know it's last minute.) This is just the first order.. I need to see how well I can actually pre-screen/grade...

Later on, maybe I can bribe the Bay Area folks to come over...

have i ever been to a show that harley hasn't done? has harley ever not done a show- conflict or otherwise? i suspect we'll see evidence of human cloning and harley will be there.

Depends on if you make it this weeked or not! 27_laughing.gif

I was amazed that he came out last year and he did well enough to reserve space for this year. But he's not coming. You may have seen my post though about how he did six shows in one month last year. Five weekends in a row and at one he went on the road and his local helpers did some smaller show in Detroit.

Marc

Is anyone interested in a dinner on Saturday? Oakland or San Francisco? confused-smiley-013.gif

Didn't I ask this already? poke2.gif

Jeff- I am leaving for SF on Thursday morning, pm me before that.......

Hey Borock's in the Bay Area by now. news.gifnews.gif If anyone sees a Pony tailed hippie listening to The Dead, sporting a fading NY accent and caring around a bunch of slabbed comic books and possibly some original art can you kick him in the @SS for me. devil.gif

Thanks in advance thumbsup2.gif