• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here be man enough to attend Super-Con, Oakland?

91 posts in this topic

Just so people don't think I'm trashing the dealers here, there are good ones out there who price and grade fair.

For example Phil at Comic Collector shop has a section of books at every show that have ZERO discount. They are not wall books but table stock in higher grade. The books are accurately graded and priced at, or slightly above, or below guide depending on the book. Further, IF you buy mutliple books you will usually get a slight discount. I can't tell you how much I prefer and appreciate this system as a collector, to the point that I will buy books off Comic Collector Shop even if they are not on my immediate want list.

It just cuts all the BS out of the way. Just because something is ON SALE does not immediately make it a good deal. makepoint.gif

thumbsup2.gif again to House of Comics - Comic Collector Shop and Vortex Comics for all the great books I bought off them at the show.

There was this one really cute girl going around, looking for Rex the Wonder Dog's for her boyfriend...........that girl is a keeper! Lucky Dog!!!

cloud9.gif

There's another Rex collector in the world besides you and Adam?! 893whatthe.gif

cool.gif Rex's are highly sought after by the comics cognoscenti.

When you guys talk about Vortex comics, who's stuff are you reffering to? I actually didn't see a set up called vortex.

That's what I thought too. If you mean John (the fellow with all of the super expensive stuff) that is Torpedo or at least that's what his card says.

It's Torpedo Comics, and they're in the process of building their website. It should go live later this summer. They'll be based out of Las Vegas, although the number on their card is in Southern California.

You were busy buying art poke2.gif

touche!