• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LF: Schulz original Peanuts daily strip

35 posts in this topic

Yep I saw it and even though I'd rather have a strip featuring Charlie Brown over Snoopy, beggars can't be choosers. I'll be bidding but my budget isn't much higher than it is now and I haven't seen any strips finish under 10k recently so owning an original strip may be out of my reach. frown.gif

I'll be bidding but my budget isn't much higher than it is now and I haven't seen any strips finish under 10k recently so owning an original strip may be out of my reach. frown.gif

Jesus, just be patient. When the old widow gets finished and the OA speculation cools down, prices will plummet and you'll get it for half of what you'd pay today.

But then again, by that time you'll probably be chasing another "gotta have it" "hot collectible". insane.gif

Who said anything about being impatient? I want one, I have a budget and if they fall outside of my budget I'll rinse and repeat. No hurries here.

I'll be bidding but my budget isn't much higher than it is now and I haven't seen any strips finish under 10k recently so owning an original strip may be out of my reach. frown.gif

Jesus, just be patient. When the old widow gets finished and the OA speculation cools down, prices will plummet and you'll get it for half of what you'd pay today.

But then again, by that time you'll probably be chasing another "gotta have it" "hot collectible". insane.gif

Vince, why do attack people like that? The first half of your post is great advice, the second half is totally unnecessary! confused-smiley-013.gif

Vince, why do attack people like that? The first half of your post is great advice, the second half is totally unnecessary! confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em. If Mr Impatient here is such a "lifelong Peanuts OA fan" why wasn't he buying even a few years ago, at significant discounts compared to now? Why does he have to have it now, during a period of speculative market highs and OA marketing hype, but still complains that prices are "out of his budget".

But hey, if I'm wrong and this guy is a clone that was just harvested this year, then I'll apologize. yeahok.gif

I'm not sure that Peanuts strips will be coming down any time soon. The main buyer for these is the artist's estate MUSEAUM - once they go in, they're not coming back out.

It's true that there are tons of these strips out there, but supply is decreasing and they ain't making any more.

Peanuts are an American icon, that I wouldn't be quick to lump in with any speculative jump in comic book OA prices...

Peanuts are an American icon, that I wouldn't be quick to lump in with any speculative jump in comic book OA prices...

So it's simply a bizarre coincidence that during an unprecedented speculative jump in comic book OA prices, that Peanuts strips have also spiked? yeahok.gif

So it's simply a bizarre coincidence that during an unprecedented speculative jump in comic book OA prices, that Peanuts strips have also spiked? yeahok.gif

Perhaps the spike in prices caused the Schulz estate to realize that it's now-or-never time to buy back as many pieces as possible.

That's not really the issue though. The fact remains that the pieces are going in to the very definition of a black hole collection - if you really want an example, waiting the current frenzy out is a gamble. Sure, the estate could stop buying tomorrow, but it's not like they're going to run out of money any time soon.

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em. If Mr Impatient here is such a "lifelong Peanuts OA fan" why wasn't he buying even a few years ago, at significant discounts compared to now? Why does he have to have it now, during a period of speculative market highs and OA marketing hype, but still complains that prices are "out of his budget".

But hey, if I'm wrong and this guy is a clone that was just harvested this year, then I'll apologize. yeahok.gif

You're wrong and it's very easy to answer. I have only been collecting original art for a little over a year and never even realized that there was stuff like this out there to collect until about a year ago when I got my first page as a birthday present.

I'm a big Schulz fan and an aspiring cartoonist myself and would like to have a nice representation of his art for my own personal collection. No speculative investing here. I don't do that at all with any of my art and only buy what I like to own and display in my home. If I eventually get one it would make me happy, if I don't, life goes on and there are many other things that make me happy.

gossip.gif Not everyone has a hidden agenda in this world.

You're wrong and it's very easy to answer. I have only been collecting original art for a little over a year and never even realized that there was stuff like this out there to collect until about a year ago when I got my first page as a birthday present.

Then I apologize, and I do feel bad for you (and other OA and comic collectors) who are getting into this so late, and are having to pay the speculative piper.

Big gap between 92 and 2005. Still, I don't like to collect speculator comics. I have been trying to take the same approach to OA. Buy what you like and can afford. So far, it has been working for me. Works especially well for BA DC Horror. Eventhough, I have found memories of reading Peanut books when I was a kid, I just don't feel the pull to collect the OA.

Then I apologize, and I do feel bad for you (and other OA and comic collectors) who are getting into this so late, and are having to pay the speculative piper.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif