• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Barks Duck (cover) - Four Color #1140

11 posts in this topic

Gorgeous "duckie" (that one's for you, Tim)!

David, are my eyes playing tricks or is there a light vertical reading crease about 1/4" to the right of the spine? It looks like there's just a tiny bit of wear/wrinkling there, barely breaking any color but maybe visible in the gloss.

There are a few very light surface imperfections scattered about the FC, including the one at Donald's buttt. There are also a few very light spine stresses, but nothing major overall and nothing approaching a crease hi.gif

Cool, that's about what I thought. Slightly OT, I have a BA Unexpected 52-pager in identical condition...no color-breaking wear at all, but subtle wear in the gloss in a similar pattern. If I scanned & put it up, everyone would call it 9.0/9.2, but in hand you can see the minute wear in the gloss near the spine that would unfortunately drop it a grade or two. I'll say a very strict 8.5 on the Four Color. Beautiful book!